Solar Roadways

This is a section to chat about anything that isn't relevant to any of the other forum areas. Discussions on PC watercooling should go in the Hardware forum :)
DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Solar Roadways

Post by DJDrDamage » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

Thought this would interest the environmentally conscious amongst us.

http://solarroadways.com/

click on any of the links at the bottom of the page and then the subsequent pages have better navigation on the right hand side.
Look at the link called "Numbers" under FAQ.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: Solar Roadways

Post by Piers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 pm

DJDrDamage wrote:Thought this would interest the environmentally conscious amongst us.

http://solarroadways.com/

click on any of the links at the bottom of the page and then the subsequent pages have better navigation on the right hand side.
Look at the link called "Numbers" under FAQ.
What a truly awful website. No accessibility fallback, a front page with navigation in Flash for fuck's sake, and interior pages in a completely different design...

woeful. I didn't even get past the third page; I no longer cared what they were talking about, I was so offended by the web design.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I eventually found the "Introduction" page (which looked like what I used to write in notepad) and after that just used youtbue to find interesting videos of it all.

The site looks pretty, but isn't going to win them any favours with people trying to find out what they are actually all about.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Post by DJDrDamage » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

the site could be better. for instance, getting rid of the ma and pa photo on the Introduction page...
of course, since governments in AUS and USA are reluctant to subsidise solar panels on homes I doubt this will go very far.

but, the idea is interesting.