Is Vista the next ME?

Discussions about stuff that isn't Hardware. Keep it legal, or at least vague enough to cover my ass if the lawyers gets on my case.
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Is Vista the next ME?

Post by Mort » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:08 pm

If anyone happens to recall what a huge non-event Windows ME turned out to be, it now seems like MS have the next version (after Vista) ready to go next year...

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/0 ... windows_7/

So, is Vista even going to get a chance to establish itself properly? It's already been out since Novemer 2006 and is hardly taking the world by storm :(

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: Is Vista the next ME?

Post by Piers » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:28 am

Mort wrote:If anyone happens to recall what a huge non-event Windows ME turned out to be, it now seems like MS have the next version (after Vista) ready to go next year...

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/0 ... windows_7/

So, is Vista even going to get a chance to establish itself properly? It's already been out since Novemer 2006 and is hardly taking the world by storm :(

Typical - Westpac are set to make Vista its standard operating platform this year.

Brad

Post by Brad » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:29 am

Windows 7 is a completely new kernel. What are the odds of ms managing to deliver it on time?
The only timetable comments that I've seen came from wishful thinking from gates. I wouldn't be putting money on seeing it before 2010...
B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:04 am

Typical - Westpac are set to make Vista its standard operating platform this year

My god transparent window thingys is sure to provide Westpac with the competitive advantage it needs!

Keith