Punkbuster kick issues

Discussions about stuff that isn't Hardware. Keep it legal, or at least vague enough to cover my ass if the lawyers gets on my case.
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Punkbuster kick issues

Postby Mort » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

It looks like there are more issues with the latest punkbuster versions. Good to see it's still a work in progress.

Older versions of FRAPS and xFire can cause PB to kick you from the server (Punkbuster dissalowed program/driver 125119) due to some exploit that was found in them.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... ps-pb.html

I don't even have FRAPS running and got kicked, so I'm not sure if it just existing on your machine is enough to kick, but there are also issues with using Alt-Tab switching in game as well. To fix that there is an updated Renddx9.dll that you can copy into BF2 to help fix it.
RendDX9.zip

Also, running BF2 through STEAM (which I was) can also cause the problem in some cases, so don't run it through STEAM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: Punkbuster kick issues

Postby KRaM » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Yeah, got PB kicked the other night when running BF2 via Steam so can vouch for that one.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Got a new one now.

PnkBstrB.exe heartbeat stopped

The memories are all flooding back now. It's a shame really coz I just quit sniffing glue today as well :(

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes, downloaded EA and reinstall 2142 and updated. Got PB kicked from every game.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:10 pm

I'll repost this from the other topic
Mort wrote:Tips for Vista/Win7 users:
  • BF2 patch 1.5 includes Euro Forces and Armoured Fury (which is why its 2GB) so you don't need to install them seperately.
    I manually installed the 1.1 patch from the Special Forces DVD before I ran the SF setup. For some reason the patch failed to install as part of the SF setup itself, installing it seperatly and then running SF setup worked fine
    Once I confirmed everything was running in BF2 and BF:SF I then installed 1.5
  • BF2 just runs using the normal settings, no need to use "run as admin" or anything
  • BF2142 I needed to run as admin and set compat mode to XP SP2. I will test further to see if both are actually needed
  • I updated punkbuster manually using pbupdate, adding in all my BF games and then doing update.

Are you running on Vista/Win7? If so try the run as admin and XPSP2 compat mode

If not, then make sure you update PB to the latest versions for all the games.

Delete PB folder.
Run
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
then run
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Well I thought I was getting it under control, but I'm stuffed.

BF2: After about 30 seconds connected to a server I get kicked with heartbeat lost message. Tried all sorts of hacks and tricks I've been able to find but none work.
BF2142: This was working as I had been playing a couple of night back, but now after about a minute I'm getting "PB IMPORTANT Lost master packets" or something followed by a kick with a "PUNKBUSTER" message.

FFS - why can't they write a bloody program that just works!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 am

I've actually been contacted by someone from "Punkbuster Support" who has offered to spend 15 minutes or so on TeamSpeak going through the issues I'm having getting PB to work... still trying to determine they are legit, but it is a name I remember from the old days so maybe it is.

Return to “Software”