EA Link is the new EA Downloader

Discussions about stuff that isn't Hardware. Keep it legal, or at least vague enough to cover my ass if the lawyers gets on my case.
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

EA Link is the new EA Downloader

Post by Piers » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:59 am

But does it actually work for anyone? Mine was stuffed the last two nights, but it might be my (currently) ill-configured firewall.
Bueller?

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:09 am

I did the upgrade last night, but I also have to say that I haven't had any problems at all with either EA Downloader or the EA Link. Firewalls shouldn't be a problem unless you are restricting outgoing traffic. Your machine is the one establishing all the connections, so if you are allowing all out, then it shouldn't matter what your incoming rules are.

Brad

Post by Brad » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:46 am

I upgraded last night (it forced me to). I had no problems upgrading or logging in at first, but it kept loosing the connection to the master server. There wasn't a direct impact on BF2142 (strangely), but it kept stealing the focus away from BF2142 when I was playing.

(Good to see the EA programers pay attention to MS interface rules, or any rules of good programming ettiquette anyway. Not that MS sets a good example.)

They've enforced a change in BF2142 somehow as well. Last night, the game server lost the connection to the rank server, but I didn't lose my unlocks. This is different to the behaviour from a few nights earlier.
(Although it has to connect initially to get the unlocks. Jeff didn't get the unlocks - he joined later after the ranking link had gone down.)

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:48 am

I had all sorts of issues with unlocks not showing, but they did in the next round, however it still thought my score was zero again, then I got another promotion and offered an unlock but it didn't show the one I already had!!!

I assume there will be an unlock waiting for me when I next connect.

darkreaper.eu

Re: EA Link is the new EA Downloader

Post by darkreaper.eu » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Well i got EA Link, but i got bf2142 NS, and when i join servers it says i must purchase the game from EA link. and i allready have.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm

You might want to check the dates on the posts you are replying to... This one was from almost 1.5 years ago! :shock:

BuddaBudda has been around for *quite* a while now!

darkreaper.eu

Post by darkreaper.eu » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:39 pm

:o holy crap didnt look at that lol.