CoD:Black Ops Gameplay

Other games and archived games forums. If something else becomes popular enough, we'll create a new forum for it.
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

CoD:Black Ops Gameplay

Postby Brad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 pm

The single player game appears to be the typical shoot anything that moves FPS. Nice plotline, but nothing very new in the gameplay. It is quite difficult - when they say dont expect to survive the top level they mean it. I've been playing on the next level down (ie 3/4) and it is challenging without being impossible.

The multiplayer is quite similar to Modern Warfare in dynamics - a lot of reflex kills, but you have to go for head shots to play well. The maps seem to be huge, but at the same time there are not many large spaces - even the outdoor areas seem to be very busy, so that you never really get to set up a defensive position too well. This is going to take a lot of gameplay to really get to know the maps.

There is a bot multiplayer version that lets you get to know the maps for multiplayer. This is supposed to have the same leveling up system as the ranked multiplayer, but it appears to be very buggy at present. It also took me about 20 minutes to find a stable server last night - doesnt bode well.

The only real tweak to modern warfare is that the weapon addons and other items need to be purchased. You earn the points for purchase along with the experience points that give you leveling up. This is slightly different to MW where everything was just a function of leveling up. I spose it adds an extra dimension, but it also feels like those lonely losers who spend all their time playing have a big advantage over the noobs. We'll see.

B
NOt going to canberra because C has tonsilitis. Gee Darn
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Re: CoD:Black Ops Gameplay

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Played online last night for the first time. Quite fun but really not much different to MW2, feels like an expensive map pack. More roles for a medic type. Maps are really nice but you are right Brad, I'm getting shot in the back an awful lot.

I have to say I think I'm more excited about the BC2 add ons at the moment.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: CoD:Black Ops Gameplay

Postby KRaM » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Zero Punctuation reviews it on the Escapist this week and is not impressed. As per his review of BC2 he just doesnt get - its the multiplayer stupid!

http://videosift.com/video/Zero-Punctua ... -Black-Ops

Return to “Other / Archive Games”