Diablo 3

Other games and archived games forums. If something else becomes popular enough, we'll create a new forum for it.
DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Diablo 3

Postby DJDrDamage » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:31 pm

I feel like I am reliving my Duke Nukem Forever with Diablo 3.

It has to be one of the most overhyped but dull games I have ever played.

There are so many things that i do not like it but I will limit it to a few:

1. unable to save as you go, which means you need to play long enough to make a checkpoint. Ok, so they are not that hard to reach but if you need to quit the game in between the platform-nature and grind to complete the quest make it tedious
2. platform levels with no real randomness
3. the difficulty of the game is set at Normal and you must replay the game to progress to harder difficulty settings. This makes the game more liek a big tutorial and is insanely easy
4. follow the bouncing ball quests and maps
5. the need to be permanently online to play solo games
6. some magic items will never be available unless you replay the game several times- WTF?
7. the whole Auction House system

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Diablo 3

Postby Mort » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:28 pm

You're welcome to join the rest of us playing BF3 :)

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 am

Must admit I have never really got the Diablo franchise. Think I played Diablo 2 though to the end back in the day but that was when I had about a trillion hours of free time at Uni.

If you do want to play wile away a few hours on something more fun I can recommend Saints Row 3. I picked it up in the Steam sale and it is a blast - almost a throwback to the days when the GTA franchise was decent ala Miami Vice etc.

Keith

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 am

i will check out Saints Row 3. i have heard good things about Torchlight 2 (when compared to diablo 3) but its cartoon-like graphics are a turn-off for me.

Back to BF3? well, i went off the game after my trip to Vietnam where I visited the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City, as well as the Cu-Chi tunnels just outside HCMC.
juxtoposing the reality of war against the realism of the game made me uneasy.

I hope that their next efforts will be set in the future, like BF2142.

having said all of this, it has been 6 months since vietnam (how quickly we forget...) and I do miss the interaction with humans rather than poorly written AI and games, so i may just go back to it.

Return to “Other / Archive Games”