iRacing

Other games and archived games forums. If something else becomes popular enough, we'll create a new forum for it.
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

iRacing

Postby Brad » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Anyone playing iRacing here?

A couple of the guys at work are getting into it. It is based of the original GP Legends code base (with 7 years development since then) and has a subscription model. The hardware requirements don't look to strenuous, and if you have a wheel, a 3 month trial costs $5 at present. (You can spend hundreds if you want every car and every track - williams F1 anyone?)

Supposed to be the most accurate car racing sim around - particularly on the NASCAR side. Many of the top drivers are using it to learn new tracks / practice when the car is not available.

If anyone is going to give it a go, I'm signed up with "iracing at milson.id.au" - they run a nice ponzi / referal scheme, where I get $10 to spend in game.
B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: iRacing

Postby Mort » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 pm

It does look good, but rather pricey. Do you get to choose which 7 cars and 10 tracks you get, or is it a pre-defined selection? Do you only get to play multiplayer on the tracks that you haven't got?

Brad

Re: iRacing

Postby Brad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 pm

No, it is a fixed 7 cars and 10 tracks that you get at the start. You can race indefinitely on just those tracks and cars if you want - there are leagues of just the starting setup. The game has free practice and time trial (solo), or multiplayer practice, qualifying and racing. The emphasis is on clean racing (to progress you need to be able to finish a race with no incidents), so it is very different racing. Completed my first clean race today - a very tense 30 minutes and finished third.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Return to “Other / Archive Games”