Dead Space

Other games and archived games forums. If something else becomes popular enough, we'll create a new forum for it.
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Dead Space

Postby Mort » Sat May 10, 2014 3:21 pm

With my new ULIMITED DOWNLOADS plan now in effect I decided to actually download and try out Dead Space. I've only just started, but initial impressions:

1. Having 5.1 sound is awesome
2. While not a huge fan of "over the shoulder" view games, I can probably learn to cope
3. I haven't been scared by a game like this since the "Aliens" mod for Doom. The first scene where you "meet" that monsters was pretty predictable, until...

I expect there will be a bit of the usual "monster jumping out from shadows" action, and there also seems to be the much hated quicktime events "quick press E!" when you get grabbed by an enemy.

I'll probably play it a bit more, but not just before going to bed. I might give it a go with the lights off in my room, but will probably have to work myself up for that.

So for initial impact, yeah, it has potential.

Bug Fix: I found I the mouse was incredibly laggy to move, and in-game the view made me feel like I was drunk. I wasn't sure if that was an intended effect or not, but a quick search says no. Just go into the game settings and turn VSync off and it should be good to go again.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/the-solutio ... ead-space/

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Re: Dead Space

Postby DJDrDamage » Sun May 11, 2014 8:11 am

i liked the idea of dead space but just could not get into the over the shoulder thing...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Dead Space

Postby Mort » Sun May 11, 2014 8:57 am

Yeah, it's actually a port from a console game to PC apparently, so that might explain why... console people have strange ways of thinking how games should be played.

I doubt I'll have enough patience to finish it though, but I'll start it up everynow and then for a quick scare.

Return to “Other / Archive Games”