General News to be shown on front page
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Yes, the stats *ARE* broken...

Post by Mort » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 pm

*** UPDATE *** Looks like it's may all be sorted again, for the moment at least

No, it's *NOT* our fault!

It would appear that EA are incapable of recording the vast quantities of data requierd of the stats system and so only a couple of fields are being updated. Namely your score. No time related fields, kill/death counts etc seem to be updating.

The kill/death counts not updating may be a good thing for some members... personally I've been having some brilliant rounds so it's really pissing me off.
Last edited by Mort on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:49 pm

Feel free to make a post every day in the "Stats Tracking" forum to say you've noticed the stats haven't updated, but just be warned that if you do I will kick your head in the next time I see you.

When it starts working again you will know because the stats will just start working automagically. If they decide to make some changes on the backend we will know as they will have to release a new patch so all our games will also know how to get the new feed...

In the meantime... I'm afraid you will have to live with it.

Badrain

Stats Page!

Post by Badrain » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 am

To the legends who spent the hours setting the the stats page up...Great Job.. :smt038

All We need now is to look at maybe getting a server in the future?

:smt066

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Post by Piers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:53 am

Word on the EA forums is that it's because of a botched roll-out of the 1.25 beta but I think it's all idle speculation at the moment.

Brad

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:55 am

The stats in game seem to be ok - it is only the external stats feed at present. Oh and the two unlocks I got last night persisted too. So it is only partially broken.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Piers

Post by Piers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 am

Brad wrote:The stats in game seem to be ok - it is only the external stats feed at present. Oh and the two unlocks I got last night persisted too. So it is only partially broken.

B
I didn't get any of my wins, losses, kills, death or awards showing up in BFHQ in-game last night, just the points.

Brad

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:56 am

Piers wrote:
Brad wrote:The stats in game seem to be ok - it is only the external stats feed at present. Oh and the two unlocks I got last night persisted too. So it is only partially broken.

B
I didn't get any of my wins, losses, kills, death or awards showing up in BFHQ in-game last night, just the points.
I got the last 2 NS awards last night (and the 2 unlocks that go with them). Both are showing up this morning.
B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Piers

Post by Piers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:13 am

Brad wrote:
Piers wrote:

B
I got the last 2 NS awards last night (and the 2 unlocks that go with them). Both are showing up this morning.
B
Yres, but you have no time accrued, no wins or losses - looks like NS awards are the only things working other than points right now, althout Ado & BadRain managed to get some stats recorded last night.

I've changed the tables to use score as the determinant for displaying updates, but the lack of time recorded screws spm.

I'll bet you didn't get any combat efficiency pins - mine didn't come through, and nor did half my stats. Looking at the EA forums, people are ready to rise up in bloody revolution against EA for ignoring the problem and not even releasing a new item on the official site.

It definitely started happening on 6 April, because most people are reporting that's when they last received any awards.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:16 am

B
No, the in-game stats are broken as well as there is no such thing as an "external" stats feed. Some stats are still being recorded, but most of the stuff we would really like are busted.

We get our stats using code that "looks, smells, and tastes" like the BF2142 game, so as far as the server is concerned we are just another person loading up the game and checking the stats. It can't tell the difference.

If you check on EA's stats web site, all your progress charts are probably flat or showing some really weird ass lines.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Stats Page!

Post by Mort » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:20 am

Badrain wrote:To the legends who spent the hours setting the the stats page up...Great Job.. :smt038

All We need now is to look at maybe getting a server in the future?

:smt066
It's not that we wouldn't like to, but apart from the fact there seem to be little/no ranked servers available to rent in Australia, it's also a much more expensive option than our "free membership" clan is probably prepared to spend. Then you have to admin it, or beg for donations to "keep our server alive" etc.

If someone has way too much money and they are happy to fund the server, then I'll put the effort into renting and admining it, but otherwise I don't think it's worth the anguish.

Brad

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:42 am

my career score has been updating sporadically. i can't say about any of the other stats.

b

Piers

Post by Piers » Mon May 14, 2007 8:31 am

It's happening again... EA's stats server is only recording points and career points again, so expect a flurry of wins, losses & bling when it sorts itself out.