Setting up private ranked server

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
hispeed

Setting up private ranked server

Postby hispeed » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:07 am

Hi,

I'm interested in setting up a private ranked server for 2142.

Can you guys help?

Regards,
hispeed

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Setting up private ranked server

Postby Mort » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Greetings and welcome to buddaBudda.

I've just split your post from the other topic as it's not really the same thing, but I have a few thoughts on what I think you night be asking:

1. You can't have a *private* ranked server. Ranked Servers under the EA system must all be available to the public, not password protected or restrictive in who is allowed to play on them. You can have a ranked server that you control and operate, such as setting maps that are played etc. There are restrictions on what you can do though; no mods or changes to the prescribed settings defined by EA. These are typically rented from approved Ranked server providers and this is what you will see all clans using (we don't have one ourselves)

2. You can have a private server that *isn't* ranked. You can either just run this on your own PC/server if you have a fast enough net connection, or also rent one from a hosting provider. Some ISP have free ones you can just book for an hour or two. With this server you can do *ANYTHING* you want on it as nothing you play on this server will contribute to your global stats.

3. There are mods out there that will do a ranking system of sorts, but it is completely seperate to the EA/Gamespy stats, so it won't contribute towards your stats, only towards the stats that the mod system might have.

So, I guess it depends on what it is you are actually wanting to use it for?

hispeed

Postby hispeed » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:33 am

Sorry for my poor workding.

I want to implement your system on an unranked server. I was calling it "private ranked" because I saw ranks in your stat system. there is a system like yours for BF2 that can be implemented on an unranked server, and it tracks stats and assigns rank and unlocks just like the official EA system, but it is local to that specific server.

thats what I'd like to do (if it's legal).

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:38 am

Oh, I understand now.

Our system won't work for unranked servers. There might be a mod out there that can, but ours is for connecting to the Ranked EA/Gamespy stats so you can have the stats on your own server. Basically it's a private version of 2142-stats.com or a bf2s.com for bf2142 :)

I know there are some around for BF2, not sure about 2142 though. Maybe try asking somewhere like here: http://battlefield2.filefront.com/info/BF2142 and see if you get anyone with ideas.

Sajiki

Postby Sajiki » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 am

Mort wrote:Greetings and welcome to buddaBudda.
3. There are mods out there that will do a ranking system of sorts, but it is completely seperate to the EA/Gamespy stats, so it won't contribute towards your stats, only towards the stats that the mod system might have.

Hi,
i have a private rankingsystem for bf2 on my stand-alone server, i searching the ranking from bf2142!
Can me help please?

Sorry for push the old topic and my bad english :)

Mfg
Sajiki

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Are you trying to:

1. Run your own private BF server and get stats from it
OR
2. Do you want your own private stats site with stats from the EA ranked servers?

Our stats code is designed to get the stats data from the EA stats site, so it just gathers what you can already see, but lets you display it on your own site how you want.

If you are trying to find a way to collect stats from games played on a private server (like a LAN/gaming party) then we can't help you with that.

dukesix
One of the guys
One of the guys

Postby dukesix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 am

ah, wanted to thank you Mort for your stats code to base my work from (I thanked you guys and linked for credit on wiki.fragmata.com)

I just setup a local ranked gpm_coop 2142 server.

example stat page:

http://www.fragmata.com/2142-details/?pid=94627968

you can get the IP from here:

http://www.fragmata.com

I probably have 95% of stuff working. Haven't been able to code the dog tags yet and a few other items on the snapshot fail.

This was definately a huge project, the hardest part wasn't the auth or the python scripts...but was writing the aspx calls to mimic the EA servers...literally all in the dark just taking stabs at it.

But yeah, it's a blast.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 am

No problem, glad it could help.

(apologies for not noticing your post earlier, we don't get many "non-bot" accounts registering so I tend to ignore them until I get around to doing a cleanup)

Return to “BF2142”