ea downloader

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
nutsloose
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: ea downloader

Postby nutsloose » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:18 pm

i will go with the later .. Something .. its called bf2142 .. if i wanted to play tf then i wouldn't be writting this would I !!!!
Are you fucking stupid or something?

The simplest fix here is to:

1. double click on the Steam icon
2. launch Team Fortress 2
3. never have any problems at all with launching, playing the game, reinstalls, long loading times again

Keith

Works everytime. Valve *like* their customers.

Keith
Clan Explosive Expert

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 am

sorry, in the light of day last post reads to be a tad unreasonable

Keith

Matt

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:30 pm

ea downloader is a bit of a half-assed attempt at steam. my ea downloader will run the game OK, but won't let me clear out no-longer-needed updates. Then again, steam ain't perfect - I had to manually delete last two mods I played as they didn't come with uninstalls. (BTW mod Metastasis all chapters with lighting update ROCKS - I would have paid actual money for it as halflife 2. Not surprisingly to me, the guy who wrote it has been hired to do half life 3. I agree too much ammo, but I think you need the ammo for playing on hard).
Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Matt wrote:my ea downloader will run the game OK, but won't let me clear out no-longer-needed updates
You can delete the file content by clicking the little "X" on the right hand side of the game in EA Downloader to get rid of the cached files.

Matt wrote:steam ain't perfect - I had to manually delete last two mods I played as they didn't come with uninstalls.
I hadn't actually noticed that *any* steam game came with an uninstall. You just delete the game content files and it's gone! Try right clicking the game in Steam and selecting the "Delete Local Content" option to make it gone.

But yes, EA Downloader does suck. I expect they inteded it to be like Steam, but the latest versions seem to have just gone more basic and turned it into a pure download engine for the EA store with no community type stuff at all.

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:13 pm

EA should give the work over to Steam - leverage the forum stuff and just concentrate on the game. I hope this is how Apogee distribute Duke Nukem. Dah-dah dah, dah-dah dah, dah-dah - dah, dahdahdahdahdahdahdah, etc!
Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx.

Vili

Postby Vili » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:44 am

Run regedit.exe

Delete :

HKEY_Current_User\Software\PACE Anti_Piracy

Delete this directory :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\PACE Anti-Piracy (hidden directory)

Run EAM and launch BF2142 just for the first time after erasing.

Return to “BF2142”