BF 1943

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
KRaM
Clan Poet

BF 1943

Postby KRaM » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:51 am

From Blues News, the latest announcement. Leaves me a bit cold, wont it just be 1942 with prettier graphics?

Keith

Soldiers, it's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick your path - be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or ace fighter pilot dog fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of battle, whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.

Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and on PC for download. This give players access to the famous action packed Battlefield gameplay quicker and easier than it's ever been. Play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlefield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!

By Land, Sea & Air!
Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best experiences in any multiplayer game to-date.

Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players
Play with 24 players online in three beautiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.

Frostbite-Enabled Destruction
Watch the beautiful Pacific Islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!

Through the Gun Experience
Use classic and iconic World War II infantry weapons with excellent feel to defeat your foes. Hit 'em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Re: BF 1943

Postby Jeff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:28 am

It's going to have to very bloody good to make me buy Wake Island one more time. Three maps only ? Bombing raids might be fun if you can populate a plane with gunners and fight off the zero's. But I'm not there yet. Download only? It sounds like a cheap grab for cash.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 am

You gotta be kidding... Unless this is a freebie download game I don't think I am prepared to submit myself to the world of Battlefield patches and the process of going through the whole ranking exercise again. Only 24 players? Dissapointing as the 32 player servers in current BFs are the perfect sweet spot for game play, and the awesome chaos of 64 players servers can't be denied.

Did they even get BF Heroes out the door? Do we really want to go down this path again?

I agree... Wake Island (AGAIN!), less players online, and BF1942 with prettier graphics. Unless we get to captain the battleships and aircraft carriers again and have sea battles I'm not going to bother.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm

BF Heroes, it seems, is still in closed beta.
There's no way I'd pay for Wake Island again, I've hated all four iterations so far.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 am

You have to salute their consistency.

Keith

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2009/7/10/

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Well, this quote pretty well sums it up I'd say

Penny Arcade wrote:When am I going to learn not to buy their products on day one? When am I going to learn that EA products include free misery?

Return to “BF2142”