BF2142 - Magic Moments

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
BigDaddyAdo
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby BigDaddyAdo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Titan attack is much harder than defense IMO. I got my defense while having a quick game in the middle of the day (sicky). I think i got my engineer gold in the same game. Getting 30 kills with the engineer kit mostly on our titan was no mean feat. You really do need the perfect game and it helps if its full of 10 year old retards.

Ado
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Last night I started out with another purple heart, yippee and overall I had a poor night. But in one conquest game with Mort on the other sideI had some fun. He killed me easily the first 2 times we meet and then for the next 10 kills I got him about 8 times for his 2. Cunning use of mines and RDX saw his smile well wiped from his face and me finish with an 18 kils for 9 deaths game.

My favourite one was when I nailed him with a mine, then, as he proceeded to reuse the same path I took him down with RDX. Good fun.

I also took out 6 guys capping a flag with 2 grenades. That always feels good.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

BigDaddyAdo

Postby BigDaddyAdo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:54 pm

Last night i was running around in an APC capping silos when their gunship came in for an easy kill. My apc was about to blow when i ejected out straight into the underside of the gunship and took it out. The guy in the gunners seat had jumped out and i didnt realise. He must have thought i was dead....He was sadly mistaken.

I also took out their air transport with 4 guys in it with a titan pod...........That really seems to piss people off. Got quite a few kick votes after that.... :D

Ado

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 pm

Jeff wrote:Cunning use of mines and RDX saw his smile well wiped from his face and me finish with an 18 kils for 9 deaths game.

My favourite one was when I nailed him with a mine, then, as he proceeded to reuse the same path I took him down with RDX. Good fun.
:smt092 :smt093 I can't even begin to explain how close I was to abusing my admin powers and "announcing" your resignation from the clan after that... :smt013 :smt011 :smt076

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Been having some great games lately... but a big milestone tonight!

A long standing score has finally been *OFFICIALLY* settled! He may have changed his name (nee [CK]Vetter69) but the server didn't crash this time and it's recorded on my stats!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am

photoshop!

Dirtydogjnr

Postby Dirtydogjnr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:10 am

Poor old sonic his knifing skills have gone a bit rusty since he moved to +DED+ Good effort to get him on the top of the laggy titan

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 am

KRaM wrote:photoshop!
Nah, I got witnesses. Brad and Rob were both online and Sonic was on TS with us as well, so this one is *SOLID*.

BigDaddyAdo

Postby BigDaddyAdo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:46 pm

I think the Magic Moment here is that you actually got your knife to work period !!! Mine is still broken.

Ado

P.S. Nice work BTW :D

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm

I had him masterfully distracted. He was busy chasing my tags endlessly, and contributing very nicely to my stats for the night. Between us I think it got to [BB] 10 : Vetter/Sonic 0 before he gave up and swapped sides.

:lol:
B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

nutsloose

Postby nutsloose » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:48 pm

I do recall a comment " the knife didn't work" not too sure how a knife dosen't work , maybe needed sharpening...or the user was a bit rusty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clan Explosive Expert

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 pm

nutsloose wrote:I do recall a comment " the knife didn't work" not too sure how a knife dosen't work , maybe needed sharpening...or the user was a bit rusty :lol: :lol: :lol:

That happened with this one guy I must have knifed 5 times in the one game. At one point he realised that I kept knifing him out of the AA and I was chasing him around the building. For some reason the knife wouldn't "fire" when I hit my mouse button and he finally shot me. I think the button on my $0 mouse is about to totally crap itself.

I know Sonic knifed me at least once, but I lost track of how many times I shot him last night before he switched.

Which leads me to another funny moment.

There was a sniper shooting at Sonic and I from a silo. I went up to get him while Sonic distracted him, but I couldn't find the bloody ladder to get up (stupid low detail settings!). Sonic showed me where it was and warned me as I climbed up that the guy was waiting to knife me. Sonic kindly offered to wait at the bottom to revive me when if I got knifed.
I peeked over the top and saw him and started sliding back down before he got me. On my way down I saw a grenade bounce down past me which exploded killing Sonic. I got to the bottom, revived Sonic and then ran around looking to see if I could shoot the guy when another grenade comes down and kills Sonic again. Another revive an the next thing I see the sniper come off the ladder trying to knife the newly revived Sonic. I switched to knife, ran in and knifed the sniper and revived Sonic once again!
All that crazy racing around we were both pissing ourselves laughing. Especially over the fact that Sonic bought it several times when it should have been me!

On the way down off the silo I then got taken out by an APM the sniper had managed to drop, so Sonic got to return the favour and revive me after all....

nutsloose

Postby nutsloose » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Ah yes the ladder /silo moment , i do recal that one also, even though i was on the other side of the map and couldn't see what was happening , teamspeak brings the moment to hand a chuckle to go with it.
Clan Explosive Expert

Dirtydogjnr

Postby Dirtydogjnr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:45 am

Thats it im always sending you in first from now on mort!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:19 am

Dirtydogjnr wrote:Thats it im always sending you in first from now on mort!
And that would be different how exactly? :)

Return to “BF2142”