Good BF2142 Links

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Good BF2142 Links

Postby Mort » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:46 pm

Post any good tips, tricks, and strategies or link you find here and I'll add them to this post...

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Postby Mort » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:30 am

Run down of the maps
http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=maps

and the ranks with associated points required.
http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=ranks

Ranks points only seem to go up to 57700, which I reckon the first person should be reaching about this time next week... Interesting stepping they have this time.
Image

User avatar
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:49 am
Location: planting RDX on your tank

Postby Brad » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:10 pm

http://bf2142fever.com has some good info including summaries of weapons, maps, point scoring, ranks etc.
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Postby Mort » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:44 pm

TweakGuides has a 2142 guide up.

It's a long read, but some interesting points. Such as one of the MS patches causing problems that you ened to update.
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_1.html

Also, how to skip the intro movies and configuring auto-login
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_9.html
Image

User avatar
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:57 am
Location: Horse country

Postby Piers » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 am

Mort wrote:TweakGuides has a 2142 guide up.

It's a long read, but some interesting points. Such as one of the MS patches causing problems that you ened to update.
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_1.html

Also, how to skip the intro movies and configuring auto-login
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_9.html


Pity none of that autologin & res stuff actually works though.

"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield 2142\\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName KillMachine +eaAccountPassword 123abc +soldierName Overman

1. There's no exe called that
2. if you apply them to launcher or pace, nothing happens
Image

User avatar
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:49 am
Location: planting RDX on your tank

Postby Brad » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:06 pm

Piers wrote:Pity none of that autologin & res stuff actually works though.

"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield 2142\\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName KillMachine +eaAccountPassword 123abc +soldierName Overman

1. There's no exe called that
2. if you apply them to launcher or pace, nothing happens


The exe is BF2142pace.exe.
I haven't tried the autologin, but the resizing works - I use it all the time. Note that when you check your settings in BF2, it doesn't report 12x10 correctly because it is a non standard size. It gets reported as 10x7 but is actually using 12x10.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

User avatar
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:57 am
Location: Horse country

Postby Piers » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:02 pm

Brad wrote:
Piers wrote:Pity none of that autologin & res stuff actually works though.

"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield 2142\\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName KillMachine +eaAccountPassword 123abc +soldierName Overman

1. There's no exe called that
2. if you apply them to launcher or pace, nothing happens


The exe is BF2142pace.exe.
I haven't tried the autologin, but the resizing works - I use it all the time. Note that when you check your settings in BF2, it doesn't report 12x10 correctly because it is a non standard size. It gets reported as 10x7 but is actually using 12x10.

B

Oh, okay. I thought it looked better, but the autologin definitely doesn't work.
Image

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Postby Mort » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:41 pm

The auto login thing doesn't work for me either... must have just been something for the Demo version.

I've renamed the movies though so I don't have them trying to play when I start up anymore.
Last edited by Mort on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Postby Mort » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:43 pm

I just saw a few tips flash past in the News Ticker in BF2142...

Kill assists only give you 1/2 a point instead of 1 point like BF2. At the end of the round, only full points are added to your score (i.e., if you scored 45.5 points, only 45 are added)

The Heavy Sniper rifle can take out enemy mines and RDX, so I guess they allowed us to destroy "explosives" again now.
Image

User avatar
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:57 am
Location: Horse country

Postby Piers » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:59 pm

Mort wrote:I just saw a few tips flash past in the News Ticker in BF2142...

Kill assists only give you 1/2 a point instead of 1 point like BF2. At the end of the round, only full points are added to your score (i.e., if you scored 45.5 points, only 45 are added)

The Heavy Sniper rifle can take out enemy mines and RDX, so I guess they allowed us to destroy "explosives" again now.


Damn, I meant to post on this - one of the sites has collected all 150 tips onto a single web page, but i can't remember which one...
Image

User avatar
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:49 am
Location: planting RDX on your tank

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:15 am

Piers wrote:Damn, I meant to post on this - one of the sites has collected all 150 tips onto a single web page, but i can't remember which one...


http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=gametips

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Postby Mort » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:38 pm

Image

nos

Re: Good BF2142 Links

Postby nos » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 am

http://www.wwoy.net.

the coolest clan in Aus :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore
Posts: 4232
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Re: Good BF2142 Links

Postby Mort » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 am

nos wrote:http://www.wwoy.net.

the coolest clan in Aus :mrgreen:

But you don't seem to have any info that you've made public for everyone to share... all you competitive clans try to hide your secrets from the other clans, where as we have no shame and are happy to tell all and get owned in return.

Besides, why are you posting here? Shouldn't you be fixing your web site?
Image

nos

Re: Good BF2142 Links

Postby nos » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:29 pm

lol the website is done, I just a to fix a glitch in the member registration. :mrgreen:


Return to “BF2142”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests