BF2142 Latest Patch info (v1.50 30/5/2008)

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

BF2142 Latest Patch info (v1.50 30/5/2008)

Postby Mort » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:12 pm

Patch 1.50 released 30/5/08
Incremental Patch: 176Mb (v1.40 to v1.50)
AusGamers: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/36149
Internode: http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. ... ails=17872
Gamearena: http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/d ... 40-to-v150

Full Patch: 525Mb
AusGamers: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/36148
Internode: http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. ... ails=17873
Gamearena: http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/d ... patch-v150

Details on the latest patches here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch 1.40 released 13/11/07
Size: 385Mb
I think the patch is now almost bigger than the original game download itself!
Get it from EALink (Estimated 3.5 hours to download) or the links below:
AusGamers: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/32002
I recommend Ausgamers (estimated 10 minutes), unless you are on BigPong broadband in which case use Gamearena.
GameArena: http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/d ... patch-v140

Check the latest fixes here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.25 released 25/4/07
Size: 287Mb
Another HUGE patch, and no incremental by the looks of it.
Get it from EALink or the links below:
AusGamers: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/28147
The ausgamers file download was by far the fastest for me. Faster than EALink or the Torrent download.
GameArena: http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/d ... atch-v125#

Check the fixes here.
[size=75]Patch 1.20 released 22/2/2007
Size : 274Mb !!!!
There does not appear to be an incremental patch available. The smaller 19Mb patch you might be tempted to try is only for people who had the 1.19b (beta testing 1.20 patch) installed.

Download from EA Link, or check the following page:
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie ... 22107.aspx

Ausgamers - http://www.ausgamers.com.au/files/details/html/27174
(Ausgamers was *much* faster for me than EALink, so try it first)

Summary here
Patch 1.10 released 20/12/2006
Size : 32.7Mb
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie ... 21906.aspx

Ausgamers - http://www.ausgamers.com.au/files/details/html/26041

Readme info at the bottom of this thread
Patch 1.06 released 24/11/2006
Size : 21Mb
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie ... 12406.aspx

It is at Internode at http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. ... tails=4563

If you have a local mirror source you'd like to share, email or PM me and I'll add the link

If you wish to discuss anything about the patches at all, start a new thread. This thread is to provide the summary info and news releases from EA/DICE
Last edited by Mort on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:55 am, edited 22 times in total.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Attention soldiers,

We would like to explain here how committed we are to increasing everyone’s experience with Battlefield, especially regarding the updates for Battlefield 2142. We acknowledge that the patching process could have been smoother for Battlefield 2; we have listened to the feedback and learnt from it.

To accomplish this goal Dice has recently formed a Live Team with the purpose of making sure your playing experience on the Battlefield is as solid as possible after the game is launched. Among other things, the team works closely with the community and handles the patching process, together with the Ranked Server Providers.

Your Dice Live Team is located at the Dice Studio in Stockholm and is made up of key people from the game project teams. This means that the same people who actually built Battlefield 2142 will be responsible for updating it. It has the clear advantage of involving people who are fully knowledgeable about the code and design of the game. The patches will also be thoroughly tested in closed beta tests before being released.

The patches will also be entirely dedicated to correcting bugs and making fixes instead of introducing new gameplay mechanics, thus significantly reducing the risk of introducing new bugs with the patches.

With all this said, we would like to announce patch 1.05 for Battlefield 2142. The patch includes more than 25 fixes which will improve every player’s experience on the Battlefield.

The following fixes will be included, along with many others:
    Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn’t be a problem any more

Changes in EA master server communication to greatly reduce disconnects

Players are now able to receive the Titan Survival Pin

All players will see the same missile silo location numbers in Titan Mode

Patch 1.05 is scheduled for release later in November so keep watching this space for detailed release information. Also, stay tuned for more information on an upcoming competition allowing you to make your mark in 2142.

See you on the Battlefield!

/Your Dice Live Team

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Greetings,
Today we release the 1.05 update for Battlefield 2142. As previously communicated this update will among other things make the experience better when playing Titan mode. It will also solve the transport exploit that some players have taken advantage of. Overall the update includes over 25 fixes. The fix list can be found at the end of the update.

Rest assured that we will continue to take action against players using exploits to boost their scores. We will also soon begin to ban accounts completely from online play. While we would prefer to not have to take this step we recognize it is necessary to ensure that players who use exploits and hacks in Battlefield 2142 are not allowed to continue ruining the play experience for others. As always, we are carefully monitoring how the game is being played to be able to prevent any exploits that are found.

To finish off we wanted to give a nod to great Battlefield comics over at Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Though, we are still uncertain if any players have resorted to such tactics in order to get to those Titan Consoles. Just to be safe please do not accept any solicitation while defending your teams Titan. The results could be dire…

Fix List
  • Fixed Ground Defense kills to properly count towards the Ground Base Defense Ribbon
  • Fixed an exploit with using the Air Transport to gain points at an unnatural rate
  • Fixed a issue that caused scores and ranks to be improperly displayed in the front end
  • The Silver Titan Destruction Badge will now be properly awarded when the core is destroyed
  • The PAC Duty Ribbon will no longer be awarded randomly when a player enters a server
  • Single player End of Round screen will now display round stats properly
  • Enemy Squad Leader Spawn Beacon is now visible on the 3d-map
  • Crouch may now be bound to the same key for both common use and land vehicles (Battlewalkers)
  • Fixed an issue which allowed the Titan guns to be re-supplied for points
  • Players may no longer repeatedly spam a squad leader with requests to join a locked squad
  • Accept and Reject prompts will no longer be displayed in the debug console
  • Titan Survival pin will now be correctly rewarded to players who safely escape a titan after the core is destroyed
  • Fixed the issue that prevented players from reviving team mates in a moving Titan
  • Fixed an exploit that allows players to use tanks to enter building geometry
  • Players may now play single player offline mode when EA master servers are down
  • Fixed issues with Battle Recorder Playback and Camera control
  • Fixed the issue that caused missile silos to appear in the wrong locations on players’ HUDs.
  • Fixed the issue that caused the Squad Leader Spawn Beacon to not be usable after map and round rotations.
  • Added the proper game information to the Swedish install for when a mutiny occurs against the commander
  • 2142 will no longer show up as Battlefield 2 in the Windows Firewall Exception List
  • Altered some player collision inside the Titan. This should improve many of the Player / Titan interactions
  • Adjusted the Deviation per bullet on the Assault Rifles. This will allow the AR weapons to be more effective in medium to short range fire fights.
  • Titans will stop moving once the Titan shield go down
  • Battlefield 2142 will now close after a player selects “OK” in the patch prompt.
  • Added additional support during map load to prevent EA Master Server disconnects during map load times
  • Client Version is now displayed at the Login Screen

/Your Dice Live team

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 am

Patch 1.06:
Update 1.06 for Battlefield 2142

Greetings,
This update addresses a crash issue that some player experience at the end of a round in Titan Mode.

Following the v1.05 Update for Battlefield 2142, some players have experienced crashes at the end of the round when playing in Titan mode. The crash occurs under a certain circumstance while the Titan explosion is taking place. Today we are releasing a hot fix, Update v1.06, which corrects this problem. No other changes are introduced in this Update.

Please remember that when installing Update v1.06 for Battlefield 2142 you must first exit the game. This also applies when downloading the Update through the EA Link.

"some player experience" = every client crashes to desktop. Nice testing work there guys.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Greetings,

Christmas is right around the corner and the 1.10 Update is here for Battlefield 2142. This update continues to fine tune the game while addressing many issues. Here is this full fix list for this update:

Gameplay Tweaks
  • Gunship Gunner Missile - The Gunship Gunner's Anti-Vehicle missile has been adjusted to address control difficulties that were apparent in high latency situations. The damage potential of the missile remains unchanged.
  • Gunship EMP effect duration - The duration of the EMP effect on Gunships has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. Gunships at medium to high altitude can now recover from a long ranged EMP attack.
  • Takao T20 and P33 Pereira Pistols - The maximum rate of fire has been increased on both the EU and PAC pistols. The pistol bullets' damage over distance has also been tweaked to allow for a slightly larger ideal range. Players should find the handgun's effectiveness as a close range panic weapon to be greatly improved.
  • Ganz H-MG - The Ganz H-MG's damage and deviation per round has been adjusted to balance the weapon with the base LMGs. The Ganz retains its min and max accuracy as well as its unique firing behavior making it a more attractive alternate weapon for the support kit.
  • AE Defuser - The maximum range of the AE Defuser has been increased. Engineers can now defuse unattended mines and explosives from ranges up to 10m.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:44 pm

Patch 1.10 details continued

Gameplay Bugfixes
  • IT-33 Optical Camouflage - A bug that caused camouflaged players in medium to long range situations to be more visible than originally intended has been fixed. The IT-33 now functions as it did in the Public Beta. Thanks to former Beta Testers who helped to track down this issue.
  • SD-8 Accipiter - A bug that was causing the SD-8 Accipiter drone to sometimes fail to acquire targets has been addressed. The SD-8 now reacts quickly and properly to those targets identified by your squad's NetBat system.
  • Reserved Slot Enhancement - Reserved slot servers will now allow the full number of player slots to be used by non-RS list players. When a reserved slot player joins the last player to join the server will be kicked.
  • Added unlock control to unranked servers -
  • Tier-1 Unlocks: All first tier unlocks can now be made available regardless of player rank on unranked servers.
  • Tier restriction control: Admins on unranked servers may now select which unlock tiers are available for use on the server. Please note that this setting does not grant access to unlocks that a player has not earned through ranked play.
  • Unranked Spectator Functionality - Added spectator player slots to unranked servers. Players may join a server as a spectator. Please note that spectator players will need to exit the server and rejoin as a player in order to join a team.
  • PunkBuster - Update to most current PB client files.
  • Fix for resupply exploits on unlimited ammo weapons and vehicles.
  • Players may no longer move inside of the cargo bay crates on titans using the sentry drone.
  • Demo packs drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both titans
  • Away bonus is now properly calculated with in-game promotions
  • Ranks and current score should now be displayed correct.
  • Duty ribbons will no longer be awarded before the needed criteria have been met
  • Stats related to commander score will no longer be randomly reset to zero
  • Unable to tab to password field when using a dedicated server
  • Slowed down the speed that the news ticker cycles through messages
  • Fixed the issue that causes the highlighted section of the server to be shortened when looking at server information
  • Fixed the server browser issue that caused multiple menus to scroll at the same time.

We also wanted to thank everyone who helped us beta test this Update.

Best Holiday Wishes,
/Your Dice Live team

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:06 pm

This is from the Patch readme witha few other points:
Battlefield 2142 PATCH 1.10
==================
BUG FIXES
- Remove ability to resupply all unlimited ammo objects
- No longer able to use Sentry Gun pushing player into Titan Crate collision
- No longer able to use RDX DemoPaks drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both Titans
- Away Bonus is now used when calculating in-game promotions
- Improved communication with GameSpy Database
- EU Duty Ribbon/PAC Duty Ribbon awarded correctly when all criteria are fulfilled
- “Commander score" statistic no longer resets to zero
- Enabled tabbing to password field when using a dedicated server
- News Tickers Speed time to display increased
- When scrolling through the list in Multiplayer you no longer move both at the same time as the server info
- EMP effect on Gunships reduced from 4 to 3 seconds allows the gunship to recover when throttled up at medium altitude
- SL drone: Tweaked the acceleration on the left right aiming for the bot. It now acquires targets properly
- Adjusted pistols: Increased ROF Clamp values, slightly reduced damage fall off over range
- Adjusted up the damage of the HMG rounds to counter its lower RPM
- Adjusted and/or increased entry radius points for all vehicles YAY!
- Removed unused RangeFinder setting from EU Walker, Titan Guns to fix the APC/Railgun/FAV draw out bug
- Fix for latency and TV guided missiles (lowered the acceleration on the missile and fixed firing lag)
- Fixed active camouflage to no longer offset image
- Changed default server port to 17567
- Update to most current PunkBuster client files

FEATURES
- Reserved Slot Enhancement (Gives reserved slots the ability to be filled if not used)
- Unranked Unlock Control (Option to give all first level unlocks and Enable/Disable control of all other unlock levels use)
- Spectator Function

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:19 am

Battlefield 2142 News Ticker:
• DICE Game Play Tip: When using the assault rifles, shoot in bursts. 2-4 shots at the time are more useful than full auto except at very close range.
• Update 1.10 has many new features! New reserved slot functionality, Logitech G15 support and spectator ability for unranked servers are just a few of them.
• EA maintenance window is postponed until Wednesday 11 AM CET (2 AM PST).

The maintenance window postponement will explain Scotts problems trying to login last night.

I'll try to investigate what exactly is meant by G15 support - it killed the 2142 G15 applet that I normally use (every patch does), but I saw no evidence of any special support.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Brad

Postby Brad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:59 am

For anyone that is interested, the G15 support in the latest version includes a full applet for the keyboard. The applet is quite good, containing a screen that includes (along with the normal things that you expect eg score, kills, deaths etc):
    - career score and points to the next promotion
    - number of dog tags
    - rank in the game so you can see whether you have a chance at a medal

Compared to the 3rd party applet, it contains the same info, with the exception of ammo count.

B

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:03 am

Latest patch is out -

- Czech Republic flag is corrected
- Limited consol editing of controlmap
- Corrected stats for PK-74 AR-rocket in BFHQ
- Fixed PDS-1 sonar system interference with UAV
- Heal and repair points awarded after a 50% heal/repair instead of 100%
- Increased security for EA account login
- Fixed tracking of hours with the medic hub in BFHQ
- Fixed server crash involving Coop mode
- Fixed Squad leader drone exploit
- Fixed Rorsch Mk-S8 crosshair misalignment
- Out of bounds now kill immediately instead of doing gradual damage
over 15 seconds
- Added server side option to disallow titan movement
- Optimized rendering of Titans
- Fixed exploit using the reactor core door
- Correct message is now shown when trying to join a full server

Fixed Squad leader drone exploit - whats that?

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:48 am

KRaM wrote:Fixed Squad leader drone exploit - whats that?
Keith
Also known as "the stairway to heaven". A squad leader could position himself near places you couldn't normally get to and people could then jump onto the drone to use it as a leg up to get to wierd and wonderful places.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. Good for snipers that want to get to strange and unusual sniping spots, but they are basically stuck there and are easy pickings for other snipers once they are found.

I see it in the same light as putting the beacon near buildings and hoping your pod lands on the roof. I'm surprised they didn't fix that one as well.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Announcing update 1.20 for Battlefield 2142

Greetings from Sweden!

Today we are releasing the latest update for Battlefield 2142. In this update we have addressed a number of issues and game play concerns.
  • Fixed Pod Control Exploit - Players may no longer exploit the assault pods to 'surf' around the maps.
  • Removed the stats category for the PK-74 AR-Rocket: All kills with this weapon are calculated into the statistics for the main assault kit weapon
  • Fixed co-op server crash: Servers will no longer crash when attempting to rotate to co-op mode with players joined into squads
  • Added correct flag for Czech Republic.
  • Fixed PDS-1 sonar system interference with UAV. Soldiers are now shown correctly on UAV when PDS-1 is activated.
  • Change to Heal and Repair Point Awarding: Heal and repair points awarded after a 50% heal / repair instead of 100% heal / repair.
  • Fixed tracking of hours with the medic hub in BFHQ: Medic hub hours shown in BFHQ has been corrected.
  • Fixed Squad leader drone exploit. Removed the possibility to use drones as a stairway to heaven.
  • Fixed the Rorsch crosshair misalignment: The crosshair should now be correctly centered while not zoomed.
  • Change to Out of Bounds Damage: We have changed the out of bounds damage system to immediately kill players after being out of bounds for 15 seconds. Please note that the total time a player can be out of bounds has not changed. This fix will help prevent stat padding exploits.
  • Ranked Server APM setting hard coded: Anti-personelle mines are now always set to "Friendly fire off" on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.
  • Fixed an exploit using the reactor core door: Soldiers can no longer conceal themselves by moving back against the reactor core door.
  • The correct message is now shown when trying to join a full server.
  • Fixed crash when placing Squad Leader Spawn Beacon
  • Added server side option to prevent Titan Movement
  • Added optimization to Titan mode to reduce lag

We wanted to thank everyone who took the time to beta test this update and provide feedback to us. We have archived all feedback and will be reviewing everything that did not make it into this update for future updates.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:46 am

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie ... 42307.aspx
Greetings!

The 1.25 update is here and we wanted to say “Thank You” to all the players who visited the Beta servers and Forums to play and talk about the changes. Thanks to everyone who flew gunships, spammed APMs, and fired the SAAW at those gunships and transports so this update can continue the trend of improving the Battlefield for everyone’s enjoyment. Here is the final change list for 1.25 which will be available starting at 5pm CET / 4pm GMT / 11am EST / 8am PST:
  • Fixed PAC Titan geometry exploit: Players may no longer sink into the hull of the PAC titan to freely attack defenders, consoles and the core.
  • Fixed EU Titan geometry exploit: Players may no longer sink into the hull of the EU Titan to freely attack defenders, consoles and the core.
  • Fixed Squad Leader Drone bug: The spawn placement of the SL drone has been raised to prevent instances where the drone would kill the Squad Leader.
  • APM Tuning: The detection radius for Anti-Personnel Mines has been reduced. Players will need to walk much closer to APMs in order to set them off. The blast radius of the APM has also been decreased.
  • Fixed radar grenade bug: The bug which caused the radar grenade to sometimes not appear on players’ mini-map has been fixed.
  • Fixed Bridge at Remagen Exploit: Players will no longer be able to move inside the west facing slope on the bridge.
  • Moding addition: Editing for ‘Physics. AirDensityZeroAtHeight’ has been added.
  • Moding addition: The command ‘object.listObjectsofTemplate’ has been re-added to the rcon_invoke command list.
  • Improved SAAW missile tracking: The SAAW will now consistently track all airborne targets. The missiles still require visual lock to be maintained in order to seek targets.
  • SAAW Missile damage increase: SAAW Damage per missile has been slightly increased.
  • Improved Gunship missile tracking: The Gunship missiles will now correctly track all other airborne targets. Please note that the missile behavior when fired at ground targets is unchanged
  • Improved Gunship Gunner Cannon: The projectile speed and damage for the gunner position cannon has been increased for both gunships.
  • Static AA missile tracking improvement: The EMP missiles fired from the static AA has been improved to properly track when locked on to enemy ships.
  • Static AA Missile lock on range decreased: The range which static AA may lock onto ships has been reduced to allow ships ‘spaces of safety’ around the maps.
  • Fixed Gunship and Transport Ship Active Defense: A tail section for each of these ships was not properly covered by active defense. This has been corrected to fully protect all ships. Please note that the visual effect for active defense has not changed.
  • Gunship TV Missile Adjustment: Damage for Gunship TV guided missiles has been slightly increased
  • Fixed fence exploit: Bullet deviation has been added to all fences to prevent a game play exploit. Please note that players behind fences will be more difficult to hit at medium-long ranges due to this change
  • Duplicate CD- Key issue: Changes to the CD key check to help prevent issues where players receive a duplicate cd-key error when joining servers.
  • LMG Adjustments: The Bianchi and Shuko have been normalized in their settling rates to correct a minor imbalance.
  • Automatic Drone adjustment: Health points for the Sentry Gun, Accipiter and Otus drones have been reduced.
  • Sentry Gun targeting adjustment: Sentry guns will now take slightly longer to fire on their targets. The sight range for the sentry has also been slightly reduced.
  • Fixed Medic Hub bug: Fixed a bug where players would occasionally receive a new medical hub immediately after it was deployed

As we begin to enjoy the warmer days here in Stockholm our sights to the coming summer and the plans to continue improving Battlefield. One event we hope to make a regular occurrence for our players is to ‘Challenge DICE’. So far we have met two excellent teams on the 2142 Battlefield. If you and 9 other friends want to take on DICE then head over to the EA forums and declare yourself!

Also keep your knife sharp as another DICE Dog Tag event is on the horizon.

-The DICE Live Team
Last edited by Mort on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: BF2142 Latest Patch info (v1.25 25/4/2007)

Postby Mort » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:27 pm

It may be that we just don't really care anymore... Found this news from 26/10/2007
EA/Dice/whatever wrote:Battlefield 2142 1.4 Final Candidate Beta Released

Feedback from the community on the betas for Battlefield 2142 Update 1.4 has been invaluable in making sure it's fully up to standard . Since beta 2 we've been tuning the fixes and changes based on this feedback. But there's one more thing we want to make certain is solid, and that's server stability. To test this, we're releasing this beta file that is a candidate for the final 1.4 Update. If all goes well with this beta release this will be the version subsequently rolled out to Ranked Server Providers.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: BF2142 Latest Patch info (v1.25 25/4/2007)

Postby KRaM » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:39 pm

The latest patch has been released. I would give the new map a go if COD 4 want re downloading the fix so that it can run.

<sigh>

Keith

Return to “BF2142”