BF2142 - Not so Magic Moments

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

BF2142 - Not so Magic Moments

Postby Brad » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm

Going for my gold knife badge - 17 knife kills needed.
attempt number 1: on project aus - 10 or so people on the server. I make it to 15 knife kills before some idiot on our side caps the other team out and the round ends.

attempt number 2: on AusArena server - 10 or so people on the server. I make it to 15 kills again - still 50 tickets left. Connection to master server lost.
ARRRRRGGGGG!

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:40 am

Ouch - there was so few people on the server I got bored and left.

I am sure it was much more interesting if you had the added pressure of getting that one more kill.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:08 am

At least you could connect :(

It looks like Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights are all "maintanance windows" now.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:25 am

The help desk has a problem... the email server is down, but how do we let people know? Let's email everyone to tell them!!!

What's the point of telling people the maintenance window has been moved if you can't login to the only place where they are telling you it's been moved? They really need to sort their act out!

Brad

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:45 pm

I finally got that gold knife badge. Playing AusClan at 11.30 at night - nutsloose was on. I had a full 50 tickets to spare.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 am

Assuming the stats are correct, what the hell happened Jeff?

0 score
0 career points
14 minutes play
9 kills 7 deaths

You do know there is no badge or pin for most number of TK's don't you :D

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:04 am

My numbers are artificially high. Played commander for a few games last night in an effort to get the magic 10 hours that you need for 2 or 3 of the ribbons. Only 4 hours to go!

Keith

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:47 am

Nice work from Bill to end the day one point from promotion too.

B

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 am

Its called going for your explosive silver badge on a server where TK's happen. APM's Tk's about 4 guys and I took out the titan core but killed about 4 guys on our side in the process. Why do they all stand around, reload me with RDX and then stand right by the core while we get rushed by 5 opposing team members. I think I killed everybody in the room.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers

Postby Piers » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm

One of these days I'll actually have time to play 2142 again and be able to go for that TK ^H^H^Hexplosives badge as well.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:31 pm

Stupid bloody server crashes... Here I was playing on ausclan, nicely on track for a beautiful run as commander, only about 3 missile strikes from winning and the server crashes... would have been a PB of over 110 (after x2) as well.

Server seems to come back straight away... decide bugger going commander so I'm capping silos like crazy, piluming everything that flies anywhere near me, I've got the clan leader/admin (Piers favourite person:)) in my squad and everything going great... server rest again...

One more time... server reset... OK, bugger that, let's try a different server... Lost Division... Joined just at the end of the game, destroyed one console and got TK'd just before I destroy the console (which I need for a silver badge :()

Next game, doing pretty well, thinking all sorts of great things coming my way... server crash. And it's not just my connection, after rejoining everyones starting to rejoin as well.

So, in the end I lost a hell of a lot of good points and potential for awards... at least I got my silver squad leader when I wasn't even expecting it yet!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:06 am

:oops: :shock: Oh! The humiliation!!! :shock: :oops:

Due to what can only be a shocking coding error in the script, it is possible that an incorrect entry may appear in the "clan dogtags" list. I will work with Piers to remedy ASAP.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 pm

really ordinary night tonight :(. The last game I was going to play I was actually on track for the gold which was brilliant compared to the other games... and then the server crashed with 30 tickets left :x

So, I decided to play a single player game against bots just so I'd have the joy of killing *something* at least, and I was even playing that so badly that the bots started a kick vote against me! :oops:

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 am

Stupid laggy crashing servers. Finally had a game where I was doing really well. Easily top of my team and possibly on track for a gold or silver against the top guy on the other side... then BAM. Server crash... And I'm not even going to go into the lag and the fact that almost every single knife attempt just went through the player I was aiming for!

Not happy Jan!

misterhotfoot

Postby misterhotfoot » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 pm

35 kills
8 deaths
1 Air Service Ribbon
1 Gold Support Badge

One Server Crash with about 4 minutes left in the game !!!!!!
FK FK FK FK FK :x
No-one knows what I do .... until I don't do it!

Return to “BF2142”