New patch, New map

Anything about BF2142, tips, tricks, guides, links, and any discussion remotely related to the game.
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

New patch, New map

Postby Mort » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Well, I've got the patch loaded up and plan to give Tampa a go tonight and/or over the weekend.

Anyone else planning to play and join me?

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Re: New patch, New map

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:08 pm

I will at sometime this weekend.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:18 pm

count me in - should be up and about tonight

Ketih

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 pm

New patch, New map, old way to waste internet bandwidth and time. I can't even begin to imagine how abso-bloody-lutely *awful* the patch would have been if they hadn't spent the last 6 months (or whatever) testing it!

Managed to join Jeff (who wasn't on TS BTW) on some server where we all had 200 pings. Kinda fun in a laggy way so didn't really get a chance to properly enjoy the experience.

Every server either Keith or I tried to join in Aus just resulted in us looking at some silos after joining the game with nothing else happening after that... Way to go EA.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 pm

The map itself looks good but - lots of armour and wide open spaces. The kit saving change also seems to have worked. Odd about the map not working locally but anyway.

The big thing about going back to BF2142 after TF2 was trying to adjust my play style. The circle strafe and spray technique which works so well in TF2 netted me about 4 teamkills in BF2142. Also couldnt get used to the fact that sometimes I had to wait more than 5 seconds to get some fragging action and pressing E didnt call a medic.

TF2 has cheapened me!

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Sorry about the TS guys, a kid sensitive night. But I thought the map was poor. Wide open spaces with too many CP. Better to funnel the armour into a point and have a front line. I miss frontlines.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:44 am

So much for me being back - I watched it try to load Tampa for about half an hour before I pressed the reset button.
It's not the data either, it loaded fine when I created a local server.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:20 am

I ran around on a local server to get a feel for the map before playing online. The server Jeff was on worked fine, but it was "somewhere else" with pings of 200+. I haven't found a local Oz server that I can play Tampa on yet, but I also haven't been trying all that hard. Keith and I just gave up after 2 attempts and went back to TF2 :)

Brad

Postby Brad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 am

The patch hasn't fixed any of my issues with Vista - I still can't get the game to run at all with the UAC turned off. I'm not going back to XP just for 2142 (again).

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Tried Tampa again tonight, but the only server I could find was a Titan one. So not only id I find it my usual laggy Titan experience, but on the huge map with all that armour and Talons, and transports around it was back to unplayable :(

One thing I'm sur I noticed was the active-cammo effect seems to have changed again, or maybe it was just a lag effect, but I'm sure it took longer for the cammo to go fully "invisible" when I saw this guy activate it, so you might need to activate, and wait a second before breaking cover now.

Piers

Postby Piers » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 am

Mort wrote:Tried Tampa again tonight, but the only server I could find was a Titan one. So not only id I find it my usual laggy Titan experience, but on the huge map with all that armour and Talons, and transports around it was back to unplayable :(

One thing I'm sur I noticed was the active-cammo effect seems to have changed again, or maybe it was just a lag effect, but I'm sure it took longer for the cammo to go fully "invisible" when I saw this guy activate it, so you might need to activate, and wait a second before breaking cover now.

They're less invisible anyway, despite the effect lasting longer - I was on Gibraltar the other night and saw a red diamond approaching me (someone else in my squad must have spotted hi before he turned the camo on) then this obvious blur came through the building (I was in the block east of the southern-most control point, where the EU mech spawns) and I piled tons of ammo into him.

Return to “BF2142”