Demo available NOW!

Enemy Territory:Quake Wars
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Demo available NOW!

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:31 am

The demo is available now - at 727Mb. It includes bots and a standalone server.
Note there is a hotfix for ATI users.

The full list of mirrors is at:
http://community.enemyterritory.com/ind ... q=node/130

If you are looking for a fast local mirror, try
Internode: http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. ... ails=11427
AusGamers: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/30569
iinet: http://files.ogn.com.au/index.php?name=Downloads&c=56

Brad
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Brad

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:28 pm

I had a quick play against the bots this morning. My first impressions:
- Sure is pretty. I'm playing it with everything turned right up (including AA) on vista and having no problems (8800GTX - you'd hope so!). Still, it feels like it is running faster than BF. We'll see what the online play is like tonight.
- The objective system is very cool. It allocates separate objectives to each player, and you get bonus points for achieving them. This means the teamwork is allocated automatically, so that the online play should work relatively well. We'll see.
- The quake type combat takes some getting used to after BF - everything is very fast and more likely to be on the run.
- vehicles are actually damaged by the guns, so that they are not all powerful like bf.
- The classes are very cool - I especially like the spy - they can steal the clothes of enemies and infiltrate.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Do you get to pick your class, and it allocates the objectives for that class? Or does it ato-assign the classes?

I was wondering what would happen if everyone on the team selected the same class, how would you acheive objectives that required a different class? Does it tell you if you need a player of a particular type for your team or something?

Brad

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:16 pm

It allocates objectives appropriate for the class. When you choose which class it shows you how many of each class are on your side.
You're gonna love the spy / sniper. The gun is insanely good and you have the whole infiltration thing too.

B

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:21 pm

well I left the game downloading this morning - come home tonight to install and get a blah blah is not a valid win32 application.

Looking at the web it says to re down load so back I go. No QW for me tonight.

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:27 pm

I had a short go, first V bots and then online. It is a really fast game and definitely feels like Quake. I'm not sure yet. Seems fairly simple in the stats with just plain old XP points.

I'm not understanding much yet so to soon to call. The rocket launchers are good. Some of the alien weapons seem to suck though.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm

I downloaded installed and started it at full detail and res with just me on it to see what it looks like. I doubt I'll be running it like that with an actual game going on.

Learning curve looks like it's going to be pretty steep. I'm trying to decide if I will remap the key to suit what I know from BF or not. For example, Q and E are for looking around corners which might be useful, but doubt I'd bother using them that much. Crouch, sprint (or rather walk) are all different... that could be annoying.

It's gunna take some getting used to I think, but I reckon it will be perfectly playable on my current machine.

vetter/sonic

Postby vetter/sonic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:41 pm

i would probly change some key settings around so i can play it properly
cant wait to play it, intsalling now

Return to “ET:QW”