Stat feed code

For discussion of the BB stats code.
bigbacon

Stat feed code

Postby bigbacon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Hey BuddaBudda members/owners/forums users.
I've been reading up how to get 2142 stats for your own use and found the link to here. Looking to see if I can get the code you guys used or at least how you formulate the querystring that go on to the various gamespy stella pages to return the data.

I'm not in clan, I am just looking to make my own site to get my own stats. I design asp.net web apps and I want to see if this is possible to do in .Net since all the reading looks at using PHP.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Stat feed code

Postby Mort » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 am

Hi there bigbacon,

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. We seem to have a bit of interest lately but no-one has bothered to actually let us know who they are!

I've moved this message to the "Stats" forum, and given you access to download the code. Read through the posts in this forum and you should get an idea of what it's all about. I had been playing with the forum permissions and didn't realise I had hidden this forum from everyone :oops:

Anyway, The code we are using uses php to get the actual stats themselves, but everything else we have to display them runs on ASP. I will assume then you are running in a Windows environment (which is what we have here), but php is pretty easy to setup so I can help you out with that as well if you want.

So look around and let me know if you have any other questions.

bigbacon

Postby bigbacon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:10 am

Thanks,

I've got the ability to get the stats from the stella pages going in .Net 2.0.
Trying to figure out the best way to manage getting the stats because they (gamespy/ea?) really made it pretty stupid. Different modes return the same stats and some I just can't figure out what they are, specially using the awards mode. I've only been working so far on the getplayerinfo feeds which may be why it seems so crazy.

I havn't looked at your code yet but did you guys custom write the auth key or just use the code from that page that creates one for you? I'm still deciding if I should attempt to convert that or not to VB (if its possible) or just make my page stupid and have to generate one and input it first.

I wish they just had an XML feed for this... would be sooo much easier...

Thanks for letting me in here and hopefully your code will be of some great help or at least give me ideas.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:46 pm

The code we use for the auth key and getting the stats themselves is all php (or is it perl, can't remember right now) based, and we basically took most of it from the wiki mentioned in the "credits" posts. Piers (our main dev guy) didn't see the point in trying to convert it, and we have it running as a scheduled task that inserts the data into a database. All our stats pages are written .net and read from the database, so you should be able to work out how we are processing the awards etc from all that stuff.

bigbacon

Postby bigbacon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:19 am

ey again buddabudda peeps. I know you guys discontinued the stats development but I have one final question and I swear I got this from here before.

I am at the point of trying to make sure my code can be run without using the outside web service for the authkey and I swear someone here send me a dll that could be used in Dot.Net to do the same thing. I just dont want to rely on that outside place.

FARK!!

NM, I am an idiot.......

Again, thanks for doing all this stats help, hopefully a new BF game will come along and we can do this all again.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:58 pm

bigbacon wrote:I am at the point of trying to make sure my code can be run without using the outside web service for the authkey and I swear someone here send me a dll that could be used in Dot.Net to do the same thing. I just dont want to rely on that outside place.
Pretty sure I didn't send you any DLL's, not sure Piers would have either. If we did it would have been a link to a site rather than the DLL itself.

bigbacon wrote:NM, I am an idiot.......

So should I assume you worked it out after all?

bigbacon wrote:Again, thanks for doing all this stats help, hopefully a new BF game will come along and we can do this all again.
Well, I'm reay hoping I don't get myself getting hooked on a game and doing stats like this again, but you never know. I do know that they better not have a "Wake Island" map in any next version!

Return to “The Buddabudda Stats system”