The new update for TF2 is

KRaM
Clan Poet

The new update for TF2 is

Postby KRaM » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:29 pm

out you might want to start up steam and walk away for a bit. New map, unlockables and new achievments for the medic.

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: The new update for TF2 is

Postby KRaM » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Here is a list of the achievments - http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush/

Some of these are pretty exact - eg FYI I Am A Medic: Use your bonesaw to kill 5 enemy Spies who have been calling for "Medic!".

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Played the new map Goldrush for a bit now and its a blast - the offensive team has to move a bomb down tracks to the opposing teams capture points by standing next to the bomb.

Since everyone is playing medic to get the new unlocks it is really easy to clean up right now as a heavy (you always have medics around for once), demoman (you place pipe bombs near the bomb and right click at your leisure) or engineer (there is plenty of ambush sites to set up your sentry gun).

I can see too many people getting all of the medic unlocks given how difficult some of them are to get.

Keith

Ed
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Ed » Fri May 02, 2008 10:33 pm

I played the new goldrush map and it's excellent, the best map in my opinion. The map involves working together to move a trailer with a bomb on train tracks from one side of the map to another while the opposition team kills you. The map has many tunnels that lets you take different routes to get to specific points on the map.

The best thing is playing pyro, taking a hidden route to get behind the enemy lines and then burning them all ... starting with the medics hanging back or axing them in the back. :axe:

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:42 pm

They are getting close to releasing some updates for the Pyro class now - well needed IMO.

We've almost completely wrapped up the next big release for Team Fortress 2, which will focus on the Pyro class, along with the Meet the Sniper movie. We've spent time looking at how the recent Medic release went, and have rolled feedback from that release into the new item designs for the Pyro and into the design of the achievements required to unlock those items. One item, shown here in concept form, will be the Axtinguisher. Although it does about half of normal damage to standard run-of-the-mill non-burning enemies, once you light someone on fire the Axtinguisher will guarantee a critical hit.

Along with all of the new content, we're also going to be making some significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone, regardless of whether they have unlocked any new items.

Ed

Postby Ed » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 pm

The pyro update for TF2 has now been released along with two new maps and the sniper movie. The sniper speaks with an aussie twang...

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/

In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It’s a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Looking forward to getting on line tonight and checking out the new release (does the ABC spend our hard earned tax pay dollars on anything besides Jane Austen bonnet dramas?).

From what I have read the changes are for the better and I have always had a soft spot for the Pyro.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 am

I had a quick play as Pyro the other night, and the range on the flame thrower seems to have been improved. The "blast of air" thing is interesting, but I kept dying to quickly to relly try it out.. and it uses 25 units of your very small fuel supply. I probably also picked a bad server to play on, as the other team were completely owning us and had us blocked in at our spawn point no matter what we tried.

The medics are becoming a pain though, a few guys obviously have the newer weapons and it makes them a lot more of a force to be reckoned with.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:35 am

Have had a bit of a burl now - my comments:

- its a Heavys paradise out there! Everyone is playing pyro to get the achievments and a good heavy/medic combo can rack up some serious points mowing them down like grass. At one point I had 6 deaths for 36 kills last night!
- the blast of air alt attack can be useful - you just have to remember to use it - where I have found it effective is to set someone on fire and then knock them away from you with the air blast
- the Pryo unlockables seem OK - flare gun is fun for long range sniping but doesnt do a lot of damage, the back burner with 100% crits from behind looks to be the better (but less fun) choice - axe unlock a bit marginal but havent seen it in action
- two new maps seem OK, there is quite a selection now after all the various updates
- achievment servers seem to have sprung up everywhere which is dissappointing but inevietable I guess - keep on meaning to spawn on one as a Heavy just to annoy the little cheats

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:40 am

I will need to come bacl to TF2 and have a play with the new toys. I'm 700 points from top rank in COD4 so maybe that will be a good time.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Ed

Postby Ed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 pm

TF2 update has been released this week.

New Heavy weapons, achievements, new maps and Meet the Sandvich

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:59 pm

They are also having a free weekend, so anyone who doesn't have the game can download it and try it for free starting tomorrow (or friday US time)

Matt

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 pm

I'll jump in this weekend, too. My girls are away and I'll be looking for something to do (sorry honey, I would have *loved* to paint the new door, but the rain made it too humid ...)
Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Had a play last night and managed to win a few new achievments, but still not enough to unlock anything new!

A few guys running around with the new Heavy gun last night. sounds pretty cool. I'm still getting owned by the enhanced pyro's too much and still finding it hard to get a good groove going when I'm on my own :(

Return to “Team Fortress 2”