TF2 tips and tricks...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

TF2 tips and tricks...

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 am

This is actually a lot harder than it looks. There's a big guy with a big gun in the way most of the time.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/09/21

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Well as far as I can see good engineers are crucial to winning as they cut down travel time so much with their teleporters, support their team mates with the dispensers and defend points with the turrets.

Thats assuming of course the engineers on your team are actually doing any of that rather than running around building turret guns on a continual basis.

Easy class to pick up points with as well.

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:50 am

While my best game so far has been as an engineer I have been enjoying Demoman. The most annoying players in the game are playing Scout and Spy though but you have to be good at speed shooting or knifing.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:53 am

If freindly fire is off I often give a team mate a quick blast to see if they are as spy or not - works a treat.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:43 am

I got stabbed by a spy about 5 times in a row last night... made him my nemesis of course, but I could swear he was invisible the whole time, even when it did the zoom in thing on the person who kills you.

I'll have to try the spy thing a bit now that I'm starting to get some sort of feel for it all.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:49 am

Another thing to help ID spys is to keep an eye on the player names - whenever they go into disguise mode they seem to get the name of the player closest to them - so if there are two KRaMs and I am one of them I know to start blasting.

Keith

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:24 am

Yes, when you see someone on your team run past with your name on, it tends to be a give away.

I think the key to playing spy is to be very careful when you attack someone. You really want to stick to the weaker classes so that you actually get a one-stab kill. Otherwise, anyone that is half awake has a chance to whip out the gun and kill you.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:30 pm

My tips (on a slow Friday afternoon at work) for Demoman is to sticky bomb the capture point hang back discretely and reap the points as the enemy attacks. This is how I picked up my top Demoman score.

I have had some success with Spy - best way here is to disguise yourself as an enemy engineer or sniper and go invisible to get behind enemy lines. This way when you stop being invisible you are one of the classes that are usually hanging back. Alternatively use your invisibility to get behind a set fire fight and back stab from there - I got 3 or 4 in a row doing that.

Might play again tonight - hopefully lots of newbies still learning the maps.

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 am

Played Spy last night and backstabbed 4 snipers in a row - very satisfying. Still can only use the class when I am sneaking up on people though - whenever I try just running around and backstabbing in the middle of combat I always miss the window of opportunity.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:06 am

Had some brilliant games last night. I can't state enough the power of a good Heavy/Medic combo. Even when there are several medics on a team, they never really do much to get the uber-charge going.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:23 am

It helped a lot last night that we were both on teamspeak doing the medic/heavy combo - being able to tell the heavy when to charge with uber is invaluable.

Got my highest ever with the spy last night - couple of backstabs and sapping guns etc.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: TF2 tips and tricks...

Postby Mort » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Good guide for spy tips

Ed

Postby Ed » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:45 pm

That video makes playing the spy look way too easy. In most games i play in, no one stands still and it's really hard to get a one stab kill.

I like playing as a soldier because you get to see giblets fly everywhere and the splash damage from the rocket is very big. I was in a game when two scouts were running at me and I shot the ground and killed both of them with one rocket.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:29 pm

I have had some succes with the spy - its a matter of getting behind enemy lines and blending into the environment - being disguised as a Sniper is usually best because people expect them to be hanging back.

The other night I was playing hydro and it got to sudden death. The other team was mainly snipers. I managed to sneak behind them and found they thought they were safe because they had a pyro gaurding them. I back stabbed the pyro first and then back stabbed the rest in quick order winning us the game - very satisfying.

Keith

Ed

Postby Ed » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:02 pm

KRaM wrote: I back stabbed the pyro first and then back stabbed the rest in quick order winning us the game - very satisfying.

Keith

I was playing heavy the other night when i noticed a soldier on my team hanging back. I walked up to the soldier at point blank range and fired...... it was a spy disguised as a soldier... killing Keith instantly.

Return to “Team Fortress 2”