Portal: Prelude

Anything about HL, HL2, Source, STEAM, or any other HL2 based games like Portal etc.
(TF2 still gets its own special one at the moment)
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Portal: Prelude

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:59 pm

For those of you that have Portal, it looks like there's an unofficial "mod" that's been created - Portal: Prelude

Seeing how much I liked Portal I'll definately be trying out. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Edit: Looks like it's not actually ready for download yet :(

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Portal: Prelude

Postby Mort » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Release is only a couple of days away now. Now that both my daughters have been playing Portal on their own, and I just played through it again with one of them I'm actually starting to really look forward to this new mod. It's been long enough that playing through it again was a lot of fun. Much easier than the first time of course, but still fun.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 am

It's been released, so I guess I'll have to start finding some time to try it all out.

Download mirror links from here

Check out the first major review here. so far they seem to be rather positive, and on the value for money front it scores 10/10 for me :)

If you get really stuck, here's the official level walkthrough to help you.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 pm

So I've started playing it and I'm stuck on the second level already... and about to throw up from trying many different bouncing from one portal to another moves that just have my screen spinning around constantly.

Return to “Half Life and STEAM”