Not so magic moment

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Not so magic moment

Postby Mort » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:29 am

Driving an APC which was full of guys that had joined my squad (Seeing as I was the top scorer on my team for the previous four games)

So that makes me and 4 (maybe 5?) other guys.

A tank abushes us and knocks the APC down to one bar, I decided to jump out thinking this was gunna be bad and the tank hits me with it's machine gun.

I can only assume that I got thrown back against the APC and the force of my body hitting the side was the final straw causing it to blow up, which then of course saw lots of
[BB]Mort (APC) <sqaud member>

(wotever the APC are called) type messages to appear.

So, now not only did I die, but I got credit for the Team Kills of everyone inside the APC!!!! Suddenly my team points are at -22 in one go due to the Team Vehicle Damage as well! Maybe it was more but I had already had some team points in credit.

And then to top it all off, three of the bastards punished me for it. Needless to say I just kicked them from the squad and even with the > -22 I still managed to get a silver star!

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:00 am

My gaming life is full of moments like this at the present. My KD and SPM is a joke. It seems to kill me at the moment all you have to do is look at me. I have been prone, ambushing people, hitting them before they even see me, and still they manage to roll on the ground and kill me with their first shot. This happened at least 4 times in one game last night.

I must be out of practice big time

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:10 am

You need to get a head shot. Remember when you are prone, pretty much all they see of you is your head, so while your accuracy is improved, if they do hit you chances are it will hurt bad. You need to be able to hit them in the head even when they are bunny hopping all over the place.

misterhotfoot
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby misterhotfoot » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:10 pm

Too funny Mort... I can't stop smiling about the APC teamkill story. ..lol
I get some prety sucky TKs for stupid reasons but that one's the best I've come across yet.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:58 pm

I had a dreadful MEC game the other night on Sharqi with about 48 people on a 64 player server. In fact my entire team did.

Basically the US had a *way too good* chopper pilot and gunner, and essentially any armour or vehicle that was spotted was killed almost instantly. As soon as a flag went neutral, he was there wiping out anything in the area. All up I managed to take him out twice with a vodnik, but that was pure luck more than anything as his missles killed me just before he died.

My game did it's usual crash thing and I didn't bother going back in again, but when I left I had 35 points (fourth highest on both sides). Another two guys on the US side were second and third on around 50 points each, and the chopper guy was sitting on 204 points with 86 kills.... I was the only person on my side with a KD over 1 (14 kills and 13 deaths)

Even taking out the TV station a couple of times was no good. This guy was actually hovering over the balcony capping the flag, flying tv missiles through the doorway... I don't mind having a bit of a good raping game myself at times, but this was pretty extreme.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:24 pm

This is the most annoying element of BF2 - the fact that air is so overpowered. As far as I am concerned they could wipe the choppers and aircraft - they dont add that much to the game anyway. A lot of the Q&As I have read on 2142 have commented on them consiouscly making the air less powerful - once can only hope.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:07 pm

I reckon they keep the blackhawks, like they have the transport aircraft in 2142. Small machine guns to have a bit of fun with, but basically they are just good for moving a bunhc of guys somewhere else really quickly.

Some sort of attack aircraft are fine, you can look at maps like Dragon valley where there are plenty of jets and planes, yet I have never played a game and felt the air support completely owned everything.

Maps like Sharqi are bad coz there isn't enough armour or anti-air to balance it. A Mobile AA on any map with an Apache would bring the balance back nicely... and a mobile AA on Wake as well!!!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:46 pm

what would balance it is making the air more vunerable to AA - even if you get two hits on an attack chopper from an AA emplacement the chopper will keep on flying and dont even start me on jets

what they should do is give the anti tank a option like in BF Vietnam, but lets face it they arent going to be putting too much time into BF2 with 2142 about to hit the stands

keith

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”