Stupid reliance on mains electricity...

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Stupid reliance on mains electricity...

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:48 am

*That* close to getting my Expert Resupply badge last night. 3 resupplies to go and the power goes out with 100 tickets still to play.

What more can I say?

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:58 am

god punishing you for playing on those 16 on 64 maps

Expert resupply shouldnt be that hard to get considering how easy it is to get resupply points compared to medic heal or engineer repair points.

Keith

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am

I had a SF server crash again last night. Doesn't look like the fixed that crash properly in the patch (surprise!)

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:12 pm

I'm wondering if maybe not all servers have updated with the patch yet? That might explain why some servers seem worse than others.

As for getting heal points, the 16 on 64 servers would be good for that as well. Because combat seems to be rather less intense, your squad mates don't tend to just keep dying instantly, and if you actually stick together in a squad of 4 or 5 then at most one might die and the other get injured... you get heal and revive points...

Repair points are still a bugger though. You need an accomodating spec-op who keeps blowing assets despite the poor points reward, or a aircraft bomber who likes to keep blowing them up for you.

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:51 pm

Mort wrote:I'm wondering if maybe not all servers have updated with the patch yet? That might explain why some servers seem worse than others.

I would have thought that it shouldn't be possible to play with a 1.4 client on a 1.3 server?

Mort wrote:As for getting heal points, the 16 on 64 servers would be good for that as well. Because combat seems to be rather less intense, your squad mates don't tend to just keep dying instantly, and if you actually stick together in a squad of 4 or 5 then at most one might die and the other get injured... you get heal and revive points...

I'm not sure how much less intense the combat is. I still seem to manage to score at about 3.0 SPM on those servers, even when it is just playing chase the uncapped flag. There is always enough going on.
The problem with getting the heal points is getting people to slow down and look for health. They seem to just ignore medics when playing in small servers. I dunno why - seems more important to me, because you are less likely to get revived...

Mort wrote:Repair points are still a bugger though. You need an accomodating spec-op who keeps blowing assets despite the poor points reward, or a aircraft bomber who likes to keep blowing them up for you.

Or a lot of patience.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:07 pm

Brad wrote:[I would have thought that it shouldn't be possible to play with a 1.4 client on a 1.3 server?

Dunno, just a guess. I would think a 1.4 client could play on older servers, but an older client couldn't play on a newer server.

Brad wrote:The problem with getting the heal points is getting people to slow down and look for health. They seem to just ignore medics when playing in small servers. I dunno why - seems more important to me, because you are less likely to get revived...

You just need to spam the area with health kits and hope enough people run over them. One problem with playing the PAus SF servers is the number of claymores around. They tend to kill rather than maim...

Brad wrote:Or a lot of patience.

Patience is no good. It takes so long just sitting there repairing something that you need to be almost constantly repairing. Patience implies waiting for there being something to repair, which is valuable time not repairing stuff.

I think I'm going to time how long it takes (seconds) to get a full repair point. I'm guessing you would need to spend a pretty solid amount of time in the actual repair mode, and as little as possible running between things to repair and waiting for them to need repairing.

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:13 pm

you could always just swap sides every time you die.
Spend a few minutes blowing up, a few minutes repairing.

B

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Brad wrote:...Spend a few minutes blowing up...

With the number of claymores around the PAus server, I find I spend a lot of time blowing up :D

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”