No Support Kit for me...

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

No Support Kit for me...

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:48 am

Expert Badges for all Support Kit have now been acheived so time to move on. It was a long game, and while it started off well, about halfway through my kill rates had dropped a lot and I only had 23 kills and I started thinking it was going to be a close thing.

In the end I needn't have worried. Finished the round with 67 kills, so made it with a comfortable margin. And not a single kill using armour, the whole lot using PKM/Pistol or Mounted MG.

It will be hard to adjust. I have become so used to the accuracy and "unlimited" ammo clips of the PKM. Now I have to start remembering to reload all the time.

Or rather move back. I think now I will need to start clocking up time again as spec-op and work towards the expert badges for that, and also my pistol and knife badges. Might try sniper for a bit and have a go at the ordinance badge using claymores first, but we'll just have to see how it goes.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:27 pm

I have been playing medic and sniper a lot more lately. I have only just made my 15 hours on sniper last night so now I can get veteran finally. But Jalabad is a great sniper map and I have been ,early on in the game on the more open sections, I can take out 3 or 4 between deaths. Later on its harder when the game moves into the town.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:14 pm

The ProjectAus servers have friendly fire from mines turned off. The claymores layed around can get absurd.

Things I have discovered (all from dying, not from killing):
- The FF setting only stops the mine from triggering, not from causing damage.
- A claymore can kill at about 20 meters if aimed straight at a person.
- a claymore can kill up a flight of stairs.
- it is still possible to jump over a claymore around a corner - it only seems to trigger at the point that you are touching the ground.

- Claymores are a pain in the a()&*

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:22 pm

That's why I'm going to try for ordinance on the PAus server, along with the fact that the games last a long enough time to be able to pull it off.

Claymores also only trigger from one side, so if you lay them down they have to be facing the right way to work.

I've been killed by a claymore that was at the top of a set of stairs. I saw it and didn't even go near the stairs, but it still "sensed" me and went off and killed me :(

They are annoying, but the guys on PAus responded to my comment on their forums about the FF and they said it was simply because they were tired of people bitching all the time about being punished for TK's when other people don't pay attention to the skull and crossbone markers.

I've gotten used to watching for claymores now, so I tend not to go rushing in with PKM firing the way I used to :D

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:39 pm

Brad wrote:The ProjectAus servers have friendly fire from mines turned off. The claymores layed around can get absurd.

Things I have discovered (all from dying, not from killing):
- The FF setting only stops the mine from triggering, not from causing damage.

It seems inconsistent - I saw my commander on Warlord on PAus last night (93pts but it was a patchy round, despite my first ordinance badge) get killed by a friendly mine, but the guy who'd been laying them drove straight through them a moment later with no effect.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:53 pm

he was probably killed by being too close when a bad guy hit the mines instead?

I was going to go for my ordinance badge last night, but they were playing all the "open" SF maps when I was on like Surge and Mass Destruction so there wasn't much chance of getting it. Got a few more pistol kills though. I found the games last night on PAus pretty patchy as well. You must have been on either just before or just after me. I missed out on the Warlord map cycles.

Next time I'm on and they have Warlord it's going to be explosions galore...

Also got my first sniper kill shooting someone out of an Attack Chopper on Iron Gator last night :)

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:23 pm

Mort wrote:he was probably killed by being too close when a bad guy hit the mines instead?

I was going to go for my ordinance badge last night, but they were playing all the "open" SF maps when I was on like Surge and Mass Destruction so there wasn't much chance of getting it. Got a few more pistol kills though. I found the games last night on PAus pretty patchy as well. You must have been on either just before or just after me. I missed out on the Warlord map cycles.

Next time I'm on and they have Warlord it's going to be explosions galore...

Also got my first sniper kill shooting someone out of an Attack Chopper on Iron Gator last night :)

I made a quick 6 kills on the TV station stairs then went out searching for flags. The most hilarious kill was a guy who, being wary about the stairs after being killed 3 times,climbed the ladder and capped the flag - then came out into the stairwell to look for me and BOOM! :) Didn't get a single point in the last two minutes because the MEC were holed up in the Palace and a ring of our APCs and tanks were dealing out death, I should have switched to support now I think of it.

Commander was killed, in an APC (serves him right!), and he was the only one around except me, and I was on foot. I thought the engineer was hacking when he didn't get killed a moment later, duh.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 pm

I managed 9 kills using the C4 booby trapped flag trick. That actually works quite well in these 16-64 servers coz people are racing around so much that flags are constantly being re-taken. Just wait for the neutralise and *boom*

After that it all just got too hard, so I just switched to sneaking up on tanks with C4 and doing some Armour whoring myself.

It helps when you have a squad member to distract the tanks while you sneak up behind them :)

30 kills with explosives in a single round is going to be tough, even on the long running PAus servers

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”