Good things take time

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Good things take time

Postby Jeff » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:27 am

I know I have neglected sniper and medic kits. I finally hit 15 hours for sniper the day before yesterday and I went for my vet sniper badge and got it first time. Jalabad is a great sniper map and I had sixteen kills accross the open terrain at the start. I was 8-0 at one stage. I have been playing on the iconnz infantry only maps and this has been fun. I got my vet resupply as well. I will get my medic up to 15 hours and get the vet badges for medic and that will probably be BF2 for me. I will get assault to 100 hours and get my expert in that as well.

Just in time for 2142 I'd say.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:44 am

Jeff, I'm afraid of all of us you are the one person who is not allowed to quit Battlefield. It was basically you who dragged us all kicking and screaming away from UT/Doom/CS to play BF1942 and BF:Vietnam in the first place.

I have to say though, I don't really miss CS that much. The whole global ranking and awards thing in BF2 has pretty much ruined normal single player and other "non-tracking" multiplayer games for me...

Bring on BF2142, and hopefully we will be able to contiue with the stats tracking.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:04 am

Mort wrote:Jeff, I'm afraid of all of us you are the one person who is not allowed to quit Battlefield. It was basically you who dragged us all kicking and screaming away from UT/Doom/CS to play BF1942 and BF:Vietnam in the first place.

I have to say though, I don't really miss CS that much. The whole global ranking and awards thing in BF2 has pretty much ruined normal single player and other "non-tracking" multiplayer games for me...

Bring on BF2142, and hopefully we will be able to contiue with the stats tracking.

I thank Jeff profusely for taking us away from the utter drivel that is UT but I still think fondly of CS (but not Source, which just seemed to be a very expensive reskin mod).

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:30 am

My god scott, 4 gold medals - I knew I shouldnt have gone to bed so early!

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:12 am

Was it four gold? It all just happened in such a blur I can only remember three of them.

Yes, you did go to bed too early. I dunno what happened, but I was getting into games so much quicker than anyone else that I had already capped two flags each time before anyone else even showed up.

In the end, my score each time would have been more than the total of everyone elses on both teams combined. It probably helped that the other team spent a lot of time trying to whore it up in planes and choppers rather than capping flags. In the end I was driving around in the incredibly slow AA vehicles and still capping flags while shooting all the planes and choppers down as well.

When I finished and checked the final scores, it had me as 2 points ahead of you Keith... I was pretty wrapped to see that :) I guess though some extra points came through and spoiled it...

Piers

Postby Piers » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 am

Mort wrote:Was it four gold? It all just happened in such a blur I can only remember three of them.

How'd you get 4 gold medals with only 150 points in 6 rounds?

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:40 am

Because I really am *that good* :)

I'm not really sure why it was that easy, but essentially I seemed the be the only one capping flags at all. My team either won because we capped all the flags and the other side had nowhere to spawn, or we lost, but I had still been the only one capping flags.

Most of those games my score was only like 30-35 points, but the next nearest was 15. The last few ended up being about 10 minute games and it was 4 on each side.

I didn't have to try all that hard to earn those gold, but I'm not going to give em back :D

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”