Veteran Pistol

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Veteran Pistol

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:32 am

OK, so what's the deal here...

Got onto an Iron Gator game and managed one pistol kill to bring me up to 50 just before the game ended. Had another game of Iron Gator shooting choppers out of the sky.

Then next game of Mass Destruction I got 9 pistol kills which show on my stats(over the 7 IAR requirement) and then the server crashed during the following game. from which I don't think any of the stats came through.

So, where the hell is my Vet Pistol combat badge?!?!?! :(

Hopefully I can land another round like that again. It was actually heaps of fun. It amazing how deadly the pistol can be. Three shots direct to the head and you can knock em down damn fast.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:46 am

I have never been able to get into the whole pistol thing, although it is on my list to get.

I just need to get into the habit of taking "easy" kills with the pistol instead of the knife.

Keith

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:39 am

The "easy" way to get it: play special forces and sneak into the enemy uncappable. Not only can you blow their assets, you sit there spawn camping with a silenced pistol. You can almost always get 3 rounds into someone when they spawn before they notice. If you are close enough to be taking head shots, you have a kill. Otherwise you have to get 2 more rounds into them with the pistol before they locate you.

The other approach is to play sniper, but put the round into the body not the head. Then one pistol shot will kill. Of course you are a lot easier to locate with the report from a m95.

Brad
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:57 am

This pistol stuff is getting pretty fun now. I never worried about it with the PKM, but now that I'm playing Spec-Op, I keep running out of ammo, so I've finally got the habit of switching to pistol to finish someone off and then hiding to reload.

Got my Vet Pistol last night, which then also gave me my Marksmen Infantry medal.

Now for explosives Vet/Expert...

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”