Creative Audiology Drivers

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Creative Audiology Drivers

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:45 pm

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3256

Interesting link explaining how to replace the sound drivers in BF2 (and other games) if you have a Creative audiology. I will try it tonight to see if it makes a difference. I've been underwhelmed by the sound in BF2 on my Audiology. It was never the great leap in sound that was promised originally.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm

Never really got the whole high quality sound thing for the PC, do you notice the difference in general computing?

Keith

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:58 pm

The positional audio is good enough that you know generally what direction shots are coming from, or when someone is sneaking up on you, I can take a reasonable guess at which way they are approaching from the sounds.

But it is not perfect, and the whole Audiology thing was hyped as being close to perfect when BF2 was first released. It never got that good for me. Maybe this may improve things. The better the sounds the better the guess at where people are will become. That is partly why I prefer to play in headphones - the 3d audio imaging is way better than when I'm using my speakers.

I know that some of the sound effects are not what is advertised. There was some discussion around the EAX reverb effects not coming through when BF2 was first released, but I never did enough fiddling to fix it - just to know that they aren't working as advertised.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”