Magic Moments

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Magic Moments

Postby Brad » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:26 pm

I think we need a thread to document those magic moments that still make you smirk a month later. That way we can all smirk :D

My contribution, both on dragon valley:

1. Spawning at the temple on the island, where choppers like to hover and spawn camp. In this case, the chopper had got a bit enthusiastic and was trying to cap the flag at the same time. I spawned right next to the flag to discover the chopper literally overhead. Being a support, I unloaded a full 100 rounds from a pkm into the apache. Sometime around 80 rounds into the clip, I started to realise that this might not have been the greatest idea. :roll: Sure enough, chopper blows giving me 2 kills, only to have it fall on my head and kill me as well.

2. Again on dragon valley, I was running on foot down the road on the western side of the valley. Smart alec driving the jeep sees me on the road and swerves to try to run me down. I saw him coming, dropped a c4 and started running backwards. Car drives over c4, car goes boom - 1 kill to brad.
Second attempt, 20 seconds later. Smart alec is joined by smart alec #2 this time in the jeep. Same scenario, same result - now 3 kills to brad.
About this time, Keith spawns on me. Now I was starting to get close to their base.
This time, smart alec one and two figure they will stop short and try to gun me down instead. Keith steps out and puts a rocket in to the jeep.
Score 5 kills for us, none for them - Priceless. :lol:

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Good Idea Brad

I had a unique team kill in a very poor game yesterday. I jumped out of a chopper from height to try and cap a neutral flag. Great jump, right onto the flag, chute open at the last minute, perfect landing. On the head of a guy trying to cap the flag, killed him. I was of course punished.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:27 pm

I've done this sort of thing a few times, but this was a sweet one...

Playing Oman, I had just been taken out by an APC that came to cap our flag. I respawned as anti-tank before the neutralise, fired one round into the APC and then hid to reload. Meanwhile the flag now gets captured by a few guys around the place.

The APC tried shooting me behind the sand bags with no luck, so the guy jumps out to come around and do it in person. I notice the APC suddenly appear on the minimap as unoccupied so I jump up and run to it, hop in just in time to see him run around the other side of the building looking for me. Bam, he's dead. Sweet.

Next thing I know an Apache is unloading on the already damaged APC. I get a few shots back, don't kill the apache but hurt it enough to scare it away. I get out with three bars left on the APC, then I notice the guy I just shot has respawned and snuck up behind me and decided to hop in the APC to do to me what I had just done to him. I turn around and one rocket into the APC finishes him off. Waiting around to recap the flag again and the Apache comes back still blowing smoke. Another rocket later, two kills for the Apache which then falls down and hits a bad guy who had just respawned (you guessed it!) and kills him as well... I didn't get credited with the kill from the apache falling on the guy, but it did count as a TK for the Apache pilot :)

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:33 pm

Playing MEC commander on Karkand. Found a nice hidy place as Sniper near the edge of the "no-go" zone and set a couple of Claymores to the side of me. Then hopped into the commander screen.

Half way through the game I noticed a few guys coming close to me and then hanging around. I was no-where near a flag or anything so I figured I'd been spotted by their commander and they were looking for me. I decided to ignore them until they got too close and went back to business.

A minute or so later, I heard a boom, came out of my commander screen and saw three US kits lying on the ground right near where one of my claymores had been... cool, they work :)

Then I heard some voices around the corner of the building, I sneak around and there's the US commander hiding giving out orders. There were a few other guys nearby so I just decided to lob a grenade and took out another two guys, one of which was their commander.

Needless to say, about a minute later I got absolutely swarmed by US troops and didn't stand a chance. Their commander must have decided he needed some payback :(

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Getting a kill by shooting someones foot that is sticking through the wall of the building they are hiding in :) If I was a bit closer I could have knifed them instead.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:08 pm

It always brings a tear to my eye when you get a kill by shooting one of the exploding barrels.

Steering a rocket around a corner to take out a jeep with 3 guys in it also brings a sweet smile to my face.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Killing a dolphin diver, at distance, mid flight, with a sniper rifle... with the standard MEC rifle, not the M95!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:40 pm

Oman and I was on the construction site defending it ,I was US and Anti tank kit. Not much was happening, I was two stories up on the construction site and I notice one of our guys get killed as he fought a guy on the hilltop towards the airfield. This guy then starts shooting at me. I'm near dead and can really only use my pistol to shoot back.

I slide back into the building and stand up, he stops shooting becuase he thinks I'm gone and cannot see me in the dark. I then first shot one shot kill him with my pistol at a stupidly long distance, fluke yes , cool absolutely.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Sharqui:

I spawn, see a helicopter flying past and think, "what the hey!", taking a few random shots with my trusty G3 (not on scope) and down she comes for two kills.

Same game. I spawn, see a jeep driving by and think, "what the hey!", letting fly with random shots with my trusty G3 (not on scope)- do you see a pattern here?- picking up the kill for the guy riding shotgun.

DJDrDamage
- personal best last night when not commander
- picked up Combat Action Ribbon
- who might be getting the hang of the game

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:05 am

Mashtur City yesterday, I was commanding a losing game and I was trying to protect my assests. They kept on attacking the hotel with a Blackhawk and I was there with my trusty MG36 spraying away at them. Got them, six kills, a fully laden Balckhawk is the most satisfying kill in BF2 I reckon.

My accuracy is going up heaps with the MG36, most accurate automatic weapon I use now.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:41 am

This is a special moment Brad and I shared together.

Playing SF, Brad was Spec Ops I was assault. Brad comes running around the corner with a tank hot on his heels. I flashbang the tank.

The tank then comes around the corner turns the turret at us. At this point I think two easy kills for this pussy fucking tank whore.

But no! He fires of a few MG rounds and continues because he cant see a thing. Brad then runs down and C4s the tank. No points for me but a classic example of teamwork.

I have been out of it for a few nights now, Alice has been sick and then passed it onto me. Should be up and about tonight though. Had a bit of a session on Wednesday but I find I dont enjoy the game as much without fellow clan members.

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:12 pm

Last night on Warlord.

In the palace, hiding at the bottom of the stairs in the corner on the ground floor. SAS spawned from their side of the palace and ran right into my field of fire. They couldnt figure out where they were being hit from as the MEC were on the other side of the palace.

I racked up a silver badge and a new killing streak of 14.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:04 pm

Enjoying the new bugs in SF... watching the screen as a message comes up voting to kick [BB]Mort and the vote then being succesfull by default because the player has left the server... I have no idea where the vote came from and I certainly hadn't left the server...

Getting a Team Kill and a punish three seconds after a new game starts before I had even fired a shot or figured out what I was going to do!

Perfect bead on a BlackHawk with the Anti-Tank rocket launcher, only to see the rocket fly in through the side door and right out through the roof without doing anything at all... followed by the guy beside me firing two shots from his assault rifle and him getting the three kills...

And the real kicker for the evening...

Sneaking up on a guy with my knife, missed the first attempt but he figured I was there. Rather than turn around and shoot me, he switched to his knife (what class!) and we proceed to engage in a running around each other type knife fight. In the meantime, it turns out he was a squad leader and 4 other guys then proceed to spawn around us... Rather than take me down, they just move back and watch. I managed to get a lucky stab at the guys foot after a dive and killed him, then proceeded to have the four other guys open fire on me at the same time... Must have been a really together squad, and the whole time I just knew I wasn't getting out of there.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:13 pm

That knife fight sounds like a classic. I had a knife last play that I lost, but it was fun.

Jeff

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:11 pm

Almost forgot...

First time *EVER* that I was actually happy to have the engineer unlocked shotty...

Playing Iron Gator and I had just gone through a doorway and was about to go up the stairs when three guys came around the corner together... I just held down the trigger and walked up the stairs and completely wiped them all out...

Mind you, I had been spending the whole game up to then, and most of it afterwards swearing at the pathetic range and inability to kill anything else, but that one moment was definately worth it.

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”