Magic Moments

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Brad » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 pm

The engineeer shotty always inspires me to attempt the "Han Solo" move. ie the most effective approach is to run towards the enemy screaming.
B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:27 am

Not exactly a magic moment but a magic game last night. Gold medal on karkand just playing support. The adjusted PKM is deadly. I just covered squads trying to take bases. Through lots of grenades and ended up with 30 kills and 10 deaths. Shame I only got enough time up for vet support combat in the next game. Two 3 kills from single grenade in the game and lots of watch them try to charge my gun position from a narrow angle. Only 66 points but heaps of fun.

Jeff

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 pm

Trying to attempt my Vet knife badge... followed a bad guy over the sandbags at the alley flag on Sharqi only to find him lying down with two of his mates.

Somehow I manages to get all three of them with the knife by just thrashing around and clicking widly... scared the crap outa me... then one of their medic mates hops over to revive them after hearing the calls and I managed to get him as well...

However, that was all I got for that game and pretty much the rest of the night... in fact, I'm not even sure why I really bothered...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:35 pm

Four SF games in a row, four Vet Combat badges... I'll admit to getting the Sniper and Engineer ones using an APC (I still don't like the shotguns) but the support and spec ops ones I got fair and square using the conventional weapons... I forgot how much I enjoyed the spec ops G36C unlock...

In fact the Spec Ops vet badge was so easy, I got in in the first 10 minutes of the game and switched to playing Engineer. I only just missed getting the Engineer badge in the same game and had to wait for the following game to claim the prize...

Needless to say, after an absolutely SHOCKING couple of nights previously, I really needed the confidence boost... now, about those knife and pistol vet badges.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

The joy of Medics!

Postby Mort » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 am

Karkand as MEC with Support kit, spawn at the hotel and run over to the little maze where the US usually try to move through when coming in.

Just as a I get there, I see three guys run around the corner, so I drop, start up the PKM and take them down. Another two guys come around (or maybe spawned on the squad leader), and as I'm taking them out a MEC guy spawns right beside me. Luckily he then draws the attention away from the guy who appears at the end of the alley and gets shot. Meanwhile, I take out the first two, then take out the guy at the end of the alley.

I stop to think for a second where to go next when a medic dives out to revive the guys I just shot, so I wait a sec for him to revive the first one, then open fire again and take the medic and the revived guy out again...

So at this stage I'm 30 seconds into the game and I've already got 8 kills and I haven't even had to reload yet...

So I back off a bit, reload then run to the end of the ally to check the road on the far side, more guys running around sneaking along the wall, so I fire up the PKM sniper rifle and pick them off, UAV tags a guy sneaking up behind me so I turn and shoot him, then run back to the hotel to find a medic reviving people again, wait a second for him to get the revive point and take them all out.

By this stage I think they started to work out I was there so the next thing I know is there are about 5 or 6 grenades landing all around me...

In the end, not a bad game. 48 kills all with the PKM for 16 deaths. 97 points and still only got a bronze coz the commander pipped me by 1 point when we ended up winning with only two tickets to spare.

So, remember, if you play medic, it usually pays to check an area is clear before you jump and revive people.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:19 am

As part of the game mentioned in my previous post...

That joy you get when you realise that your entire team has been wiped out except for you, all your flags have been captured and you just *KNOW* the enemy commander is spamming his team with your location.

Somehow, I still avoided them all, snuck in and managed to completely capture a flag back without them destroying me. Only one guy in a Vodnik managed to find me and the PKM took care of him pretty easily.

And as soon as the cap happens, you are surrounded by an entire team spawning on the flag and you just know how great a legend you are in their eyes now...

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:14 am

I am starting to enjoy knife kills now to a ludicrous extent. You just know that it pisses of your opponet when you tag them with the knife.

The ultimate insult is when you jump out of a tank and take them out with the knife.

Your effectively saying I posses one of the strongest weapons in the game but I disrespect you so much as an opponet that I will leave it to kill you with the games weakest weapon (done this twice now, er only once succesfully).

<quivering voice/lump in throat mode on>
Disrespect, thats what its all about people.
<quivering voice/lump in throat mode off>

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:43 am

Believe it or not I actually got my first ever claymore kills yesterday. Nailed a couple of guys in the corridors of iron gator. I needed a support guy with me to do it properly though.

Jeff

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 am

Since the last patch claymores are everywhere, I have lost count how many times I have gone around a corner/up a ladder etc to cap a flag to be blown away by said weapon.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:58 am

Going for my knife badge I decided to try playing as engineer so I'd have a bit of body armour to help keep me alive.

Joined a Sharqui map, got put on the US team, set up a squad called "Vet knife" and picked a spawn point.

I spawned (holding the jackhammer of course) and saw four MEC guys standing in front of me. I open fire and take them all out. :smt067

-16 points and 4 TK's later I realise that server decided to switch which side I was on just before I had selected the spawn point so I ended on the MEC team without realising.

After all the TK's I got over the week because the stupid red name bug was still happening, I've been learning to shoot based on uniform colours. In this case it really worked against me :x

What the hell is a guy supposed to do!?!?!?!?! :smt102

Brad

Postby Brad » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Finally got my explosives badge today. Playing surge:
1) go to the tv tower flag.
2) Place c4 on the pillar, at the landing outside the door into the flag room. Preferably around the back side so that people cannot see it at all.
3) run up one flight of stairs so that you have a good view of the landing below, but cannot be seen.
4) Wait for people to come running up the stairs.
5) Blow c4.
6) Repeat 1-5 x 10.
7) Receive explosives badge and SF veteran Spec forces in the one round :)

The sheer relief after 3 months of trying to get the badge was amazing.
B
Last edited by Brad on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:04 pm

You need 22 kills for the vet special forces, so I assume not all your kills were C4 related... otherwise you are damn close to getting the vet explosives as well which needs 23.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:21 am

If you got the C4 badge when I turned up yesterday the map was Warlord not Surge.

Annoying corrections aside well done!

Keith

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Sniper- Magic moment

Postby DJDrDamage » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:13 pm

How good is the feeling when you take someone out as a sniper. Awesome. I thought I would give Sniper a go last weekend and although I did not rack up the score I did improve my K:D (at least for a while) and the "fun levels" went through the roof.

I also noticed an improvement in aiming over time. For instance, when I first started plaing sniper I would often need two shots but later from on top of the TV Station in Sharqui would be able to pop my head over the "railing" at the top and take MEC players out on the hill below with one shot. Did I say 'awesome'?

so, what was the magic moment?

This will not seem like much to you guys but to me it was fantastic.
In Sharqi as US sniper lying prone on the crane near the construction Site. I was able to see a roof top that looks down on the flag with the anti-aircraft and anti-tank placements (what is that location?)

Anyway, there were four or five MEC guys on the roof lobbing grenades and taking out US forces from a distance. So with my trusty new sniper rifle I started picking them off. They would be revived by a medic and then taken out again. They looked pretty stupid from above milling about like cattle at the slaughter. After ten or so kills (and probably 20 shots) you would think they would get the message and leave the rooftop, but...

anyway, finally after a few more kills some US forces climbed the roof and took the last two remaining MEC troopers out for me.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

The PKM Sniper

Postby Mort » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:51 pm

Well, after the video that was doing the rounds of that guy with the PKM on top of the really tall building near the Hotel on Mashtuur, there have obviously been a few people deciding to try it out.

I spotted a couple of them last night up there and with my PKM started picking them off. There must have been a squad leader up there that they kept spawning on coz after I had taken out 6 of them they finally figured out where I was and one of them snuck up onto the roof behind me. So, while that may be a good sniping location, just remember that an enemy with half a clue will just see you as easy points.

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”