Magic Moments

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm

So nutsloose scored 8 gold stars yesterday... there's gotta be a story coming up about that surely!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:50 pm

he found our Mary Celeste - the mysterious blue bus server that formerly only Piers knew the IP address for.............

nutsloose
Comfortable with my sexuality

8 Gold Stars..

Postby nutsloose » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:17 pm

So not only me noticed the 8 gold stars in one night. Yes this was a magic moment and for those of you chasing the gold stars it was quite easy compared to normal rounds that i have been playing.
I wanted to rack up some points for my commander badge so i chose a game that only had small maps and nobody wanted to be a commander. The other team chose to run a round and look for kills rather than take the time to have a commander. This was their downfall as some rounds lasted a short time but scanning and warning of the enemies location was the key to winning and giving me the x2 bonus for the round that put me into 1st place.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Jumping into a APC which an enemy engineer is industriously fixing and shooting said engineer stone dead. Again its about humiliation - "You have done all the work and now I am taking that from you and running you over a few times for good measure".

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:53 pm

karkand today I was MEC and APC whoring after my armour ribbon. I jumped out of my burning APC near the square and noticed that the US had some armour taking the hotel. I laid four mines accross the road between the hotel and the square and bolted for the square. When the flag neutralised the enemy commander nailed me with artillery. While I was waiting to spawn, bang 3 kills, a second later 3 more kills.

The armour had taken the hotel and died enroute to the square on my mines. Classic 6 kills while dead.

Jeff

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:39 am

Getting the hang of the TV rockets on the choppers. Shot another chopper fown from across the map on Dalian Plant last night using one of those puppies.

Keith

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:26 pm

Well that whole second game I played when logging in today from home. 97 points, 44 before my first death, Meritorious Unit Ribbon, Armour ribbon and a silver medal, all in one game. Few more team points and it would have been an awesome game. Armoured column with Matt worked a treat. Took heaps of bases.

Jeff

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:02 am

Brad and I had this brilliant squad thing going with another guy that joined the squad. We just kept racing around capping flags, shootin bad guys and managed to all keep a really good flow going with the leave/join squad thing to cycle the squad leader.

I also had a ripper game on SF with my trusty PKM. Can't remember the final score, but enough people must have thought I was using a cheat or something coz I had something like 2x the number of kills over the next closest person. It basically resulted in a kick vote against me that only managed 8 votes, but if you are doing well enough that people want to kick you, then you know you're having a good game :smt067

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Chinese commander on Wake and I had a nice little spot hiding near the UAV on the chinese airfield. A spec op had snuck around the back of the island and blew up my UAV while I was distracted, and despite scanning him I couldn't quite work out where he was hiding. On the next scan pass, there was 6 guys all on the one spot, so he was obviously a squad leader waiting for backup :(

Anyway, the enemy commander must have pointed out my hiding place coz they all started moving along behind the building to where I was, and with my trusty PKM took the whole lot of them out with the one clip. Only had two bars of health left, but my guys are good guys and they came and healed me up nice and good.

It's good to be the king.

nutsloose

Postby nutsloose » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:08 pm

THE BEST and maybe not so good round of bf2 sf .. :) :(
After many rounds trying my hardest to rack up team points i played bf2 special forces and got 63 points(total) as a medic with around 55 team points. During the game i was awarded legion of merit and valourous unit ribbons(i think it was these two, i was in a spin after the first award). Yippee i thought .. finally got those team points due to working as a squad following the team and offloading medic packs and claiming the flags with the team(we need more of this BB) After the round had finished and the scores were displayed an error with gamespy came up... so it looks like i may not be credited with this. playing internode #18 ..... ho hum.. :roll:

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:50 pm

You'll probably still get them coz it will be sent from the server, not from your machine, so if your machine reported a gamespy error then if you are lucky it only hit you.

Good work though, at first I was a bit suspicious when you said you got legion of merit coz you need 200hours for that, but you are at 200 hours already!

Time to start working on the SPM :D

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon May 01, 2006 12:09 am

On Daqing Oilfields...

Zoomed into the base down to the left of the power station in a buggy and stopped short when I saw an attack chopper hovering near the ground capping the flag. I hopped out and hid, figuring I'd wait until it went away then retake the flag.

While lying there, the gunner gets out of the chopper and two guys spawn on him, he then gets back in the chopper. I managed to shoot the two guys before they knew what was going on (+4).

The pilot in the chopper suddenly knew something was up so he started to take off. I then ran to the mobile AA sitting near the flag in the shed and managed to lob a couple of rockets and some close range gun fire into it and destroy it (+4) then proceeded to neutralise and capture the flag (+4).

It all went down like something out of a movie script...

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon May 29, 2006 10:42 am

...on Mashtuur City, with a full clan squad too...

Large numbers of enemy attacking the Hill flag from the direction of the Mosque and Backyard. The few buildings, surrounded by fences at the bottom of the stairs were full of enemies sniping and lobbing grenades.

I managed to rush through and end up inside the fence, prone behind the dumpster that is there - with a view back towards the hole in the fence. Enemies were so focused on attacking towards the hill that they didn't look around. Ideal conditions, when a full squad with 2 medics showed up.

First grenade - 2 kills, second grenade - 2 kills. The sole surviving medic now revives the squad leader so that they can respawn on him. 3rd grenade - 3 kills. Took out the medic, but another had respawned by this point. Last grenade - another 3 kills. By this stage, they had worked out where I was, but I finished off the last couple with my rifle.

By this stage I had one clip left, was cut off from friendlies and the enemies knew I was there - suicide charge managed to get one more, but I didn't get close enough to pull the knife out unfortunately.

This was all the more sweet, when I went from an average score, to comfortably leading the game in the space of 30 seconds, with Jeff yelling WOW over teamspeak in the background. Gold star thank you very much :)

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon May 29, 2006 2:28 pm

Its funny how quickly a game can turn. I was playing well last week but this week I have been poor. Last night on my last game I just stayed put in a Vodnik near the Mosque in Mashtur city and killed nine guys on the trot. Ended up with a 2:1 KD for that game. Love the Vodnik gun. Made Master Sarge last night and picked up the M95 and L96a1 today.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Tue May 30, 2006 4:25 pm

Magic moment for me:

*finally* getting the promotion to Staff Sergeant...

I know, not a traditional magic moment but it was pretty special to me...
now, i will probably work on badges/ribbons and have promotions come as they may.

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”