Magic Moments

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
nutsloose
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby nutsloose » Wed May 31, 2006 8:01 am

Playing as U.S commander on Wake, just used up the artillery and spotted the enemy chopper flying back to the helipad for repairs.

Also see a couple of guys waiting for the chopper / plane to respawn so i drop a jeep right on top of the chopper blowing it up and the guys waiting next to it.

Probably not the correct use of the jeep drop but i enjoyed it.. Also dropping the jeep just infront of the plane works wonders to get the enemy upset.As they are faced with the decision to jump out to move it and face their plane being stolen or try to drive around it which give you a bit more time to launch the artillery on it.

Brad

Postby Brad » Wed May 31, 2006 11:13 am

The term "cartillery" is entering common usage...

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed May 31, 2006 3:52 pm

I found the vehicle drop to be the most effective way to eliminate snipers. As a sniper, you have absolutely no idea it's coming, and hardly anyone looks directly up unless they are trying to shoot the UAV!

Piers

Postby Piers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:29 am

Mort wrote:I found the vehicle drop to be the most effective way to eliminate snipers. As a sniper, you have absolutely no idea it's coming, and hardly anyone looks directly up unless they are trying to shoot the UAV!

You need to turn dynamic shadows back on then.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:02 am

That only helps if you are paying attention to it. When your zoomed in on the scope, you still won't see the shadow anyway, and for the most part, by the time they realise why it's gone dark its too late to run away.

I've had a 100% kill rate so far with vehicle drops (5 from 5 at least)

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:27 pm

So can you get your transport badge that way? 5 road kills...

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:31 pm

Hmm, probably not as you need to be the driver at the time. It would be the same as when you jump out a vehicle before it's stopped and it rolls on top of you. That doesn't count as a suicide...

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 pm

Finally had one! notwithstanding the 30 support points last night with Brad andKeith, tonight I played two rounds on Wake.

Round 1: Joined shortly after the start US, still just holding onto that initial point advantage, no commander. Went commander just as we dipped under the Chinese score, and kept it even for the rest of the game, eventually winning 6-0.

I score 64 points, 1 kill 1 death (plus about 20 artillery kills)

Round 2: Server swaps me to the Chinese side. I think, "bugger", then bite the bullet and apply for command, which I get. Hold off US forces for a good 5 minutes, then they sarm from everywhere, parachuting from choppers and jets. We gradually lose our advantage, holding on to a 30-40 point lead for a while, then dipping to a 6 point lead. Some of our intrepid infantry *swim across the bay* with me spotting to confirm that the north bases were staying empty, and we win 17-0.

I score 64 points, 1 kill 2 deaths through defending command assets (plus about 20 artillery kills)

I log off for the evening, happy with a 3.326 SPM and 15.33 KD :)

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:41 am

I think I'm really going to enjoy Armoured Fury. But you really need to be playing with another person, going solo is REALLY hard.

Keith and I were doing the engineer armoured convoy thing very effectively last night. Several time we snuck up on groups of two or three tanks and managed to take them out. It seems like two tanks is actually better than three, as the third tank never really gets a clear shot until the first two have been destroyed, and they all keep getting in each others way and can't move around. I reckon the ultimate combination would be two tanks and a mobile AA.

There was a bunch of guys from the same clan who kept base raping the uncap in armour and helis, after being taken out a couple of time, I managed to get into a mobile AA, take out both choppers (+4), then just before the tank got me, I jumped into a nearby tank and returned fire. Just before both our tanks exploded (killing his gunner +1), we both jumped out and I managed to chase him down with the much despised shotgun to finish the job (+1). And as it was right at the end of the game it gave me the much needed boost to jump me into the gold medal!

They never came back to base rape after that :)

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Spawned on Wake at North Base to find the Chinese team getting caned, US just take the airfield. I leap in a hummv with a couple of team mates and barrel down the road at full speed. Entering the compound I see two AT guys legging it towards one of the buildings, and I hit them at full speed, just as one of their squad mates spawns on his leader - 3 road kills! We hit the flag and leap out, spreading out, and cap the flag in moments. I'm support so I sow ammo bags around the area, then we all jump back in and I race for South Base which had just been taken. We fly over the hillock and I hit a guy near the barrels, then crash into another alongside the southern building.

Vet Transport without even trying!

Come round the back of the building and bail out, killing another 5 with small arms and grenades before being overwhelmed by extreme force - it was now the only US land base.
10 kills, 22 points, and a vet badge in under 5 minutes, now that's what we like!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

What a pity you weren't on Teamspeak to share with Keith and myself...

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:25 pm

Mort wrote:What a pity you weren't on Teamspeak to share with Keith and myself...

My two nearest rivals? Why would I do that?

To be serious, nobody was listed on either the bf2s leaderboard or the TS when I started, and after 4 crashes to desktop before I even got onto a server, I wasn't going to risk TS.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:39 pm

{salt} + {wounds} in varying quantities perhaps?

Given your stampede on me and now Keith (although I'd like to claim that I haven't exactly given you much run for your money!), I'd say you are quite rightfully in a position to gloat your achievements, even if you are just a commander whoring armour base raping stat padder... :)

Hey Keith, I got an idea. If we both independantly report Piers to EA for stat padding, maybe we can get his stats reset :lol:

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:11 pm

Supid new job using up all my mental energy.

I remember the good old days at Westpac when I used to sit in meetings day dreaming about how I would get such and such badge or thinking of enjoyable passages of play from the previous night.

Now I am mentally challenged again hours go by without me even thinking of BF2.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:25 pm

Haven't played much, so haven't had any magic moments for a while.

Anyway, new personal best on Karkand last night. 102 on foot. Haven't had a 100+ point game for a *long* time, especially in classic BF2.

For some reason I kept getting switched to the other side for each new game, even though it seemed like all the other people were staying on the same side. I actually kinda like it when that happens though.

As US, I have got the sneaking down the right hand side in a jeep thing all worked out now. So I would spawn and race to one of the back MEC bases before any MECs had even spawned. Managed to grab the Gatehouse or Cement factory and still have time to race over and steal a MEC tank or APC! Several times the same guys kept trying to find where I was hiding while capping, not realising that I left the capture area as soon as I neutralised it and snuck up behind them, then went and capped it after I shot them.

When I was switched for the next game, they would all join my squad and keep asking me how I did it... well, I never told, and they kept trying to find me when I switched for the next game all over again :)

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”