Magic Moments

Strategy, bragging, rants, or anything to do with playing the game itself...

BF2:classic, BF2:EU, BF2:SF, BF2:AF
Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:58 am

Although I have been far too experiemental and ineffective in my play lately a had a magic moment last night.

Playing sniper is rare for me but I thought I'd have a couple of goes last night. On Cleansweep, MEC side, second base in from the US base. Located my self up on that big hill and the US had taken the first outpost so I thought I'd scare them at long range. One guy leaving that base and trying to head for our airfield a fair way out to see in a boat. I lined up about 4 metres above his head and almost a full boat length ahead of him and bang, killed him with one hit, total fluke but I bet he was impressed. Same guy respawns and heads down the road that comes through the water to my base. He has only just walked around the coner coming down the hill, barely out of their camp, missed on the first shot, second, aimed maybe 2m above his head, bang dead again. The first game I have never died in but not a big score at all as I camped all the time.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:01 am

On Fushe Pass playing as Chinese. Coming down from the Bridge base and two US anti-tank were sitting at the top of the hill hiding behind a rock waiting for armour to come up the hill...

Got em both with a knife. Knife kills are still few and far between for me, so that was a pretty sweet help towards the expert knife.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:55 am

On the stairs in warlord, foolishly playing medic instead of spec ops, I had to hide up a flight as a MEC ran in. I chucked in a few grenades but retreated after he didn't die, lay in wait with my knife then saw on the minimap he was driving off in an ATV after capping.

I run down the stairs, note the c4 plastered all over the room so go out to the far edge of the balcony, next to the ladder, and lay down. Sure enough, as soon as I neutralised it, KABOOM, with me sitting nicely out of the blast radius. Capped the flag and typed the msg "haha missed me" to all. :) Earlier, I had capped the flag by knifing an AT guy on the balcony in the back and THAT is a rare event.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:29 am

Having a brilliant round on Mass Destruction.

Trying for my pistol badge on the ProjectAUS server (which I got 9 kills IAR and still wasn't awarded it!!)

Anyway, found a nice little spot and spent the entire game picking guys off with Pistol, knife. I ended up running out of ammo at one point and had thrown all my grenades, all my G36 ammo, and pistol bullets at this one support guy with a PKM. We had been chasing each other around for minutes and I was down to three bars of health.

He ended up needing to reload when I had two bullets left which gave me just enough time to charge him down with the knife just before he finished reloading... Major adrenaline rush.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:07 pm

I had probably my most efficent command game ever last night on jellybean. I have not commanded for ages and I was the US commander. Somehow, even though I was using our resoures constantly I always seemed to have what was requested when it was requested. As we took each base, I had scanned it first, spotted what was needed, UAV over head, shelled them, base taken, and I shelled the incoming counter attack. No votes against me at all. The squads went where they were ordered, I dropped vehicles to get them there, most impressive. Gold medal and my first expert badge.

All well and good.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 am

Well something just clicked for me last night...

PAus was all full up so I jumped on a Gamearena 64 on 32 server for a little while and joined PAus (classic) later on.

I felt like doing a bit of armour stuff, but gave up after a few minutes coz there were just too many anti-tank guys. So I ended up doing the foot thing but switched to the SCAR-L instead of the G36C I've been using with the spec-op kit.

Dunno how it happened, but apart from a few PKM guys, I pretty much owned anyone I ran into. I didn't just keep charging in, kept a cool head approaching flags, wiped out everyone defending then capped it. Had a fantastic run with C4 (not enough for vet ordinance though) and basically just felt everything working really well. Would have been absolutely exceptional if I had a squad with me!

One gold medal was when I joined halfway through the game with the team I joined losing at 175-220 at we managed to win it by 15 tickets in the end...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:47 am

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

Magic moment and ultimate "pissed off" moment all in the one game.

Playing Warlord and finished with a new PB of 209!! and you wanna know why I'm pissed off? 43 kills...

About 2/3 through the round I figured I just wasn't on track to get my 44 for expert SF spec op, so I just had fun blowing stuff up and annoying the palace. Then I realised I had actually started doing pretty well so started going for a few more kills. Capping one flag at the Palace, laying C4 then zip line over to the other flag. UAV, wait, detonate/defend other flag, cap the second flag. Along with C4 on the Palace APC (wait till it dissapears off the map and boom!) I was doing pretty damn well....

10 tickets to go and I needed one more kill!!!! So close but then the last ten tickets just dissapeared so fast I just never quite got to that sniper who was to be the crowning glory...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 pm

Well the stats for my "magic moment" posted above haven't come through. Here's hoping they are just delayed a day or so...

There was one other guy who was armour whoring it up in a tank who finished with 67 kills. I hadn't bothered as I hadn't even seen anyone during the first 5 minutes of the game... starting to wish I had changed my tactics a bit earlier.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:00 am

Magic moment... checking my stats this morning to find that my Expert Spec-op badges were processed in the stats this time!!!

1.5 hour game! Ended up with 56 kills. Once again I hadn't actually thought I had a chance so I hadn't started trying, but those long games a rather deceiving in just how long you have to accumulate them...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Killing nutsloose with a knife while he was busy trying to noobtoob me on iron gator.

Serves you right for not being on TeamSpeak :)

I must admin, I am also really starting to get the hang of these shotgun things. My KD is actually holding up really well even compared to when I was playing with the PKM.

nutsloose

Postby nutsloose » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Mort wrote:Killing nutsloose with a knife while he was busy trying to noobtoob me on iron gator.

Serves you right for not being on TeamSpeak :)

I must admin, I am also really starting to get the hang of these shotgun things. My KD is actually holding up really well even compared to when I was playing with the PKM.

Did have team speak running while trying to join a game on 2142 with brad but just wasn't happening . 2142 didn't show up anything on the opening screen so i restarted the computer and tryed bf2SF. As you could tell i wasn't doing too well, resupplying you(mort) on the night map only to be killed by yourself (no name or red tag showing) then later getting knived while i was unloading the shotgun everywhere but into you.
At least someone in the clan had a good night.. well done Mort.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:23 pm

nutsloose wrote: resupplying you(mort) on the night map only to be killed by yourself (no name or red tag showing)

Haha, forgot about that one. You scared the crap out of me. Suddenly this bad guy shows up and starts throwing me ammo bags. Took me a couple of seconds to recompose myself before I realised I wasn't the one suffering from red tag bug...

Piers

Postby Piers » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:41 am

Ripper rounds on Jalalabad of 102 and 127 - the red dot has greatly imporved my accuracy, I was knocking blokes down from a km away.
Then a dodgy one of 49, but I was MEC for that one, and they don't stand a chance.
(Ever noticed that if the US own Outpost it spawns a tank, but if MEC do it spawns a Vodnik?)

Followed that up with a round on Karkand with a 15:2 KD, courtesy of a good commander who kept us in the loop.

Return to “BF2 (and all its mods)”