GTAIV

All things Grand Theft Auto and its many bastard offspring
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

GTAIV

Post by Piers » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 am

You may lose me for a while later this year... I'm guessing the launch in 25 days is gonig to be be PS2/Xbox/PSP

http://www.rockstar.com/IV/

I made it to 98.94% complete in San Andreas, but getting level 12 vigilante and doing acrobatics on a superbike were just a little bit *too* hard. I still have it installed, and finally did the bmx and mountain bike challenges last week while the EA server was down. Had a lot of fun tooling around LA listening to old school hip hop again - did you know they got Chuck D to be one of the DJs for the radio stations? And Kid Frost!

All my homies roll lowriders/Hey
A lowrider is a little flier/Hey

Aiyo Alt, man
What you doin on the boulevard, loco?

Cruisin, the bass escapes from the window
I'm rollin real slow and low, it's Sunday, I gotta go
Yo, you can hear the bass of the rap jams' old breaks
A fly-ass Impalla thump, paint got the gold flakes
Kickin back, and yo, I'm soarin like an eagle
Frost in a jeep, and Ralph M's in a Regal
We're lookin at the fine ladies bumpin the fresh tapes
Seein the sparks from my car when the frame scrapes
Girls from blocks and blocks, they come in flocks and flocks
Ready to box, cause my '64 rocks
We call it a caravan, and yes y'all, we're rollin hard
A single file line - on the boulevard

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:01 am

I should go and revisit now with my new machine. I got to the last mission but for some reason didnt knock it off.

I have picked up that there is a similair game out there right now for consoles where your a super hero/ police officer which also sounds interesting.

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:40 pm

Called Crackdown.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm

Any clan member caught playing GTA will be dismissed from the clan immediately and reported to the police.

This article, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1770&ct=5
Makes it abundantly clear that playing GTA makes you go and stab people, and I don't want people like that in our clan.

Thankfully, Battlefield has yet to be associated with any shooting, stabbing, or explosives based murders which is why I embrace it wholeheartedly for the goodness that it embodies.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:05 pm

The 17-year-old claimed 'gangster voices' from the ultra-violent computer game Grand Theft Auto had set him on a mission to stab a black woman.

oh yeah thats the 10th mission in where you have to send in a grannies scalp to Rockstar in order to get the password to continue the game.

Keith

CrazyKnifeBoy

Post by CrazyKnifeBoy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:10 pm

KRaM wrote:
The 17-year-old claimed 'gangster voices' from the ultra-violent computer game Grand Theft Auto had set him on a mission to stab a black woman.

oh yeah thats the 10th mission in where you have to send in a grannies scalp to Rockstar in order to get the password to continue the game.

Keith

:lol: Sounds like another Jack Thompson attack.

I thought GTA3 was the best out of the series, 4 is looking awesome as well though.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: GTAIV

Post by KRaM » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Woo hoo I am lining up an easy $5 at least here!

http://www.gtasettlement.com/

Next in line BF2142 - I saw someone with a character nick of 8OO85 and am still recovering from the erotic filth shock.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Bad news then Keith

In order to receive any benefits – a replacement disc and/or cash – you must file a Claim Form and swear under penalty of perjury that you:
  • Bought a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First Edition Disc before July 20, 2005;
  • Were offended and upset by the ability of consumers to use third party software and/or hardware to modify and alter the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First Edition Disc to display the Hot Coffee content;
  • Would not have bought the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First Edition Disc had you known that consumers could modify and alter the game content; and
  • Upon learning the game could be modified and altered, would have returned it to the place of purchase for a refund if you thought this was possible.

I'd like to see you keep a straight face while you admit to any other than the first point :lol: In fact, you probably would have paid them an extra $5 if you had known the content was on there before you bought the disc.

I still don't get how these people felt that the fact you can mug people, shoot and stab cops, carjack peple and beat the crap out of them before using their cars to run them and everyone else over, not to mention all the other stuff, was ok... but some crappy low res *simulated sex* that I don't believe you could even control was the offensive part?

I wonder if the $5 refund they get will cover their expenses?

My sister bought me a copy for the PS2 out of a $5 bargain box... The first thing you do is steal a kids bike... When I got arrested for something I was thinking it was bloody boring running all the way back to the house when I happened to cause a guy to crash and then realised I could beat him up and take his car... after that, it was on for young and old.... blues brothers car chase/crash scene, pah, that was NOTHING!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:41 am

Multiplayer details for GTA IV - looks cool, especially the co op play - but no doubt will be a console experience. Will I join the dark side and buy a PS3?

err - no - too poor

Keith

http://spong.com/article/15013/GTA_IV_M ... 822&cb=268

Ed

Post by Ed » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Electronic Arts launched a takeover for Take-two

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080313/tc_nm/taketwo_ea_dc_4

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 am

More info on the multiplayer - looks pretty good.

Keith

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=multiplayer

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Post by Mort » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:02 pm

IGN has a review of it out... they gave it 10/10...
IGN review of GTAIV

A heap of GTAIV videos to go with it

I never really "got" the the GTA games, probably because I don't seem to enjoy combat single players as much now, but this one looks like it could be worth checking out... especially with the multi-player component.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Sounds interesting, online may just turn into a thug fest. October.

jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Post by KRaM » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:18 pm

I am in savings mode till October to justify a new graphics card for it.

Keith