BFBC: Magic Moments

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

BFBC: Magic Moments

Postby Mort » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Sort of an up down night really, but managed to score one gold star with a 8000 point round (3,000 combat and a 5000 award). There doesn't seem to be many people playing medic and reviving others, but when you finally manage to find someone else who does it makes an awesome combination.

Really enjoying the knifing experience. The middle mouse button for knife makes it so easy, and although I'm still getting used to the close quarters it is a lot more forgiving with the hit area. I've noticed that you can just kinda swing at a person as you run past and it will count as a kill so it's worth remembering that middle button when you walk around a corner and get surprised by a bad guy doing the same.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: BFBC: Magic Moments

Postby Piers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:49 am

I had a round of 8090 last night, of which 1860 was combat. I've been receiving lots of awards over the last day or so which are 5000 points each.
My favourite magic moment? Bringing down an apache with an LMG - that would never have happened in BF2!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm

I'd read somewhere that small arms fire wouldn't damage choppers at all so I hadn't even bothered shooting at them. The few times I did I was sure I hit them but never registered the hit X so I assumed it was true.

Now that I've got some decent firepower as a medic I might try again.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:23 am

I have hit choppers with assault rifles. I got slaughtered last night, mostly never seeing who killed me, mostly dieing within 15 seconds of spawning. Spawning on a squad member seems to have me materializing in firefights every time. I went and played some MW2 to get my confidence back. You can add a 1 in front of my BC2 KD ratio when I play MW2 mostly. Contemplating a new video card.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers

Postby Piers » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am

It was flying low and slow, probably most of the time you wouldn't have a chance, but the LMGs have the power to hit them - clearly thought he had nothing to fear. You can really chew them up with the HMG on the top of a tank, I've downed several that way; if I didn't have a gunner, I'd switch to the turret and blast away, rather than hoping to slam him with the main gun (which I've only managed once, much to my gunner's disgust).
I have only just started playing assault and I'm seriously considering switching back to medic.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am

Maybe the hits I was getting were on the gunner. I used to shoot people out of Blackhawks in BF2
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 am

I've been a gunner in the blackhawk and been shot out before. It's most disconcerting.

The contrast between a working squad with 1-2 medics, and an assault is so great in BC2 it is silly. A pox on all the snipers pretending they are defending, but sit around watching things get blown up.

I also think that some of the guns are rediculously powerful compared to others. I've been working my way through assault - scoring most of my points from resupply and grenade spam. But once you unlock some of the better guns it makes such a difference. eg. You can't hit the side of a barn with the F2000, it is so inaccurate and empties a clip in about 2 seconds. However the AN-94 is accurate and powerful enough to use as a sniper rifle once you add the sight. Go figure how they think this is balanced. MW2 is much better from that perspective.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Piers

Postby Piers » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:03 pm

I was killed as a gunner in BC2 the other night on Valpariso by small arms fire, luckily I'd just got my aircraft sevice pin...

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

That was a pretty kick arse game this evening Piers and Jeff - dont know how we won it. Need to get back into the habit of logging onto teamspeak.

Keith

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Well, I surrendered, turned the graphics to low 1024x768 and finally started having fun in this game. Had a 8360 game, good KD with the assault kit, still working on the others. Played a couple of epic games with Keith and Piers. I like this game now, and it looks OK on the lower res. Not as flash as medium or high detail, but good enough to play much better.

Piers

Postby Piers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 am

Medic spamming on the hilltop was the business, I'm closing in on the squad medic award, just need 20 more revives and I'll have it.
I even managed some noob tubing action when we pulled back - I switched to engineer to take out that light tank, and managed at one point to down that damned blackhawk. BTW, most assault rifles can hit helos as well (remember to lead the vehicle a lot), but it'll take a *lot* of rounds from them to bring one down. You need a MG to have the required rate of fire.

Perversely, my machine ran better at 1920x1200 on high than it does on 1378xwhatever - maybe because it's the native res of the monitor.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 am

I got a small chopper with my assault rifle last, downed it , got some points for it. I was resupply happy last night. I also finally killed someone with my PKM. I played recon to get the sniper rifle upgrade as well, I hate bolt action rifles.

Jeff

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Gold star, silver star, and my (first of many?) Ace pin all in the same round. 9510 points. Sweet. I'm really starting to find my stride now that I'm learning the maps. What a *huge* difference it makes playing with a squad that stick together (45th tigers).

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm

12950 point round...followed by a 130 point round :(

When I get on a roll it's damn good, damn it's hard to recover once you get on a bad streak.

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm

I have a new love - the SPAS-12 shotgun, combined with the alternate ammo (forget the name) that gives greater range, this thing is a one shot kill out to about 40 meters. When you are getting in close or on a map with cover, this thing is amazing. I had a game last night with 40 kills in 5 minutes.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”