BFBC: Magic Moments

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: BFBC: Magic Moments

Postby Piers » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:07 am

I had a 16000 point round the other night, very satisfying. I'm ramping up on assault and recon ATM, the neglected kits for me (I even managed a decent number of kills with that next to useless F2000 - repeated short bursts, recruits!). Medic is fabo with the heavy gun barrel, I'll go back to that as the battle dictates.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 am

I have been enjoying the SCAR-L with the engineer kit. Killed a guy with my repair tool as well, that was satisfying and my first silver star yesterday too. The f2000 has been pissing me off, I prefer the Prototype 8. Medic just isn't happening for me, nice simultaneous kills of each other last night Piers :)
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Jeff, we should have gone with knives - there's an award for knifing 5 of your friends.

I had a ripper last night - 32 kills for 2 deaths and 13500 points, I got so many awards in the round (lots of kill assist, kill streak and resupply pins, plus a silver star and so on), the awards display scrolled left and right...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

*cough* armour whore *cough*

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey, it was with a heavy MG*, thank you very much.

* ... in the Bradley...

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 am

thanks for contributing to my repair points by the way...
You can rack up the points very quickly as an engineer repairing a bradley in particular (it gives you plenty of shelter while you are repairing).
3 games in a row last night with the MVP pin - medic with a shotty :)

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 am

It was a tough start though last night on that first server. We were getting slaughtered by the other team. Things improved when we joined the 45th. I like engineer as well, the shortened XM8 is very cool at short to medium range. No standout score for me last night though it was lots of fun. I defused the bomb and planted the bomb three times each. You don't get enough points for that I reckon.

Jeff
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:19 am

I too have been Piers mechanic, the other night I must have spent 5 happy minutes racking up points in this manner. Returns though are declining as after a while I stopped getting repair points.

Unlocked the red dot sight for the Assault class last night - makes a big difference in lining up targets, esp in hardcore mode.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:54 am

19,000 point round last night. Got a 10,000 point medal for battlefield expert or something as well as a 5,000 and a bunch of 500 point and a couple of gold star and other awards. It actually showed the 10,000 award twice in the scrolly thing that shows what you got so I thought that might be a cool "bug", but it only gave the points once.

Other than that one round, the rest of the night was pretty hit and miss, but the playing as a squad thing really does help to reduce the impact of a bad night.

Piers

Postby Piers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:32 am

A lot of the insignia and a few pins seem to be repeated in the list, it's clearly a bug.
I'm bummed because that round that crashed, in which I got my 10,000 point squad teamwork insignia, didn't come through at all. I still have my grenade silver star, won a few rounds later.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 am

Last night as usual I discovered a full BB squad and as the server kicked me for being on the same team I had to join the opposition. I think I was killed 6 times in a row within seconds of spawning by snipers. I went elsewhere and had a much better game. Keith, you have to answer my friend request, I can never tell when you are online.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 am

Will look at that tonight - dont think I have any outstanding? I have sent out a few freind requests and had no response - very hurtful.

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Played Conquest with Piers and Jeff last night. Capped a flag when a tank rolled up. I was to close for him to see me so I ran around him taking the flag. One guy pops out of the tank - stab him - dog tags. Second guy pops out - stab him - dog tags. Went on to bag a few more with the Engineer auto shotgun (so much better than the SMG its not funny). Also got 6 or so kills from manning the anti tank emplacement in one of the maps - quite a good trick.

Keith

Ed

Postby Ed » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 pm

I walked up behind a tank and threw a hand grenade under it to destroy it.

I also managed to demolish a house as an engineer with my squad in it killing them all.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 am

KRaM wrote:Played Conquest with Piers and Jeff last night. Capped a flag when a tank rolled up. I was to close for him to see me so I ran around him taking the flag. One guy pops out of the tank - stab him - dog tags. Second guy pops out - stab him - dog tags. Went on to bag a few more with the Engineer auto shotgun (so much better than the SMG its not funny). Also got 6 or so kills from manning the anti tank emplacement in one of the maps - quite a good trick.

Keith

I'll have to try the shot gun. The SCAR-L is my premium weapon at the moment. I captured a tank too the same night.

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”