BFBC: Magic Moments

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: BFBC: Magic Moments

Postby Piers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 am

hah! Just go to our leaderboard on bfbcs, choose your name, then click "history".
It'll list the results of every update (I haven't automated that bit, you need to hit the overview page and initiate an update request, but I guess that's in the API somewhere).
The history scren also has graphs of progress but the really cool bit is when you're looking at the history, when you roll over a date you get a neat summary of status at that time and if you click on a date, you see full details for a player for that date.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Damn you Piers, I hadn't even thought to look at the stats stuff! Now that I see it tells me what awards I'm close to getting next it's going to start driving me nuts if I don't get in and start working on them all.

I think maybe I should try taking up crack/heroin/cocaine or something, at least there are programs to help you get over those types of addictions.

Piers

Postby Piers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Mort wrote:Damn you Piers, I hadn't even thought to look at the stats stuff! Now that I see it tells me what awards I'm close to getting next it's going to start driving me nuts if I don't get in and start working on them all.

I think maybe I should try taking up crack/heroin/cocaine or something, at least there are programs to help you get over those types of addictions.

I've been wondering whats wrong with you all, Keith has been within a cat's fart of an easy 10,000 points for weeks.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 pm

what a difference the M60 with Magnum rounds makes...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 am

Hopping over a rock and knifing both Brad and DJ while they were busily trying to revive each other was pretty sweet. Would have been even better if one of those kills took me to my gold knife award, but one more person after that achieved that milestone.

Often jumping into the middle of a group of enemies is the best way coz noone can tell just what the hell is going on or who to shoot at!

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 am

Mort wrote:Hopping over a rock and knifing both Brad and DJ while they were busily trying to revive each other was pretty sweet. Would have been even better if one of those kills took me to my gold knife award, but one more person after that achieved that milestone.

Often jumping into the middle of a group of enemies is the best way coz noone can tell just what the hell is going on or who to shoot at!

yeah, that was pretty good.

Almost got the highest kill count on my team on one of those maps. 25 kills, i think- a record for me.
i could not believe I was ahead of all of you and the kilsl just kept racking up. just pipped at the end by another team mate...
but then, the next game I saw Brad going wild on kills so i think my personal victory was short lived.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:31 pm

No Great scores, but I had a lot of fun holding a house between two flags last night with Brad. We kept dieing out of sync so we could respawn on either other. Kept the losing team tied up and harassed for ages.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Finally sorted out my joystick and took to the air last night - empty maps, getting a feel for the bird - the Vietnam Huey is so much easier than the attack choppers and the blackhawks. I thought technology was supposed to make things easier?

It made me realise how much smaller the Vietnam maps are.

After a while, I joined a Port Valdez conquest map and won gold squad & ace pins with my aerial exploits (although I had a couple of stupid crashes which affected my K/D - need to practice my takeoff and landing!). Easy conquest win in the end but it was only five-a-sides. I think we were skins...

Piers

Postby Piers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

Was using the tommy gun in Vietnam last night to great effect - one regular combatant, rce1, accused me of using an aimbot, I was so pleased!
There's a reason The Clash had a song about it...

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 am

For some reason I have got right back into BC2. Racked up my 200 knife kills badge last night and am working on the all bronze stars weapon badge. Dont know if I will have the patience to get that though as I will have to play sniper..........

Keith

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

23/2 and Ace player by a clear 1,000 point in Operation Hastings the other night - spent half my time blasting hueys out of the sky with a tank, the other half slaughtering snipers who stupidly camped on the central bridge - 3390 combat points, somewhere around 10k total.

Nearly better than getting 18 flamethrower kills in one round during a lunchtime session on Friday when I was home sick!
Went from silver to gold star for the f/t in an hour and a half.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Three weapons to go before I have all the bronze stars - and only one of those is a sniper rifle thank god!

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:55 am

I am so fricking sick of getting kill assists with the sniper rifle that I have now started using it like a knife - sneak up the back and take a point blank shot at the head.

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Keith, play hardcore when going for sniper goals, much easier.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Hmm good idea Jeff

<goes away plays one hard core game - gets 17 sniper kills>

Done! Only the T88 LMG to go now.

Keith

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”