Map secrets

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Map secrets

Postby Piers » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:23 am

Seeing as I killed Mort several times from the top of the hill in White Pas, I thought I'd post how to, then found someone else had already put it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0fnZiRJwss

There's a spot halfway up the hill that is probably better, and gives you cover as well as command of the corridor between B & C on the hill side.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Map secrets

Postby Mort » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 am

alright! Sniper awards here I come!

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Mort wrote:alright! Sniper awards here I come!

It's even better in Rush as you get the whole hillside and can retreat if fired on. Unfortunately, you can't get up there until you're down to the last two MCOMs.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am

It's a lot tougher getting up there than the video shows. Trying to get up that rock after the first part is just not working for me. I managed it once, but if you don't get it quickly you don't have enough time to get back to a safe area.

Piers

Postby Piers » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am

Mort wrote:It's a lot tougher getting up there than the video shows. Trying to get up that rock after the first part is just not working for me. I managed it once, but if you don't get it quickly you don't have enough time to get back to a safe area.

Aim a bit to the left of where you think you ought to. Apparently you can just make it if you run round the left but I've never tried. If you miss, you can get back to point A easily enough, or drop down to the lower path.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 am

On Nelson Bay conquest, you can parachute in onto the cliffs on the left and command the whole battlefield up to Flag C - great for leaping down and knifing noobs who get on the UAV, or shooting them with a pistol. There's lots of cover and you can retreat into the out of zone areas and pop up elsewhere if someone spots you.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:32 am

On Arica Rush, you can drive a tank or HUMMV up over the cliff and end up near the UAV station.
Great for attacking the rear defences of the other team (as the actress said to the bishop).
Last edited by Piers on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

My favourite tactic on Arica is to sit in the top of trees, you're hard to see and can command a great view, especially the trees around the rocks above the UAV (better in defence, but you can use them in attack if you've taken the first 4 MCOMs). Also good for conquest, and the conquest map is a bit wider, so you can use some trees higher up the hillside.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:26 pm

On Laguna Presa rush, you can get right to the top of the mountain after taking MCOM 5 & 6 by going back to the river mouth near MCOM 1&2, climbing the spur on the right and running across the top. I recommend being Assault with a 4x scope, (or having a teamnmate with you who is that) otherwise you run out of ammo - you will get a *lot* of kills, despite the long range...
You can stay up there for Mcom 7, 8, 9 and 10 and the enemy can't target you.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Laguna Presa again, that big spur on the left of the waterfall is climbable and it gives you a good view across flag A & B - not usable in Rush until MCOM 9 & 10, when it's useless except for taking out any defenders trolling the ridge.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Laguna Presa Conquest, there are a number of good sniping spots along the back or the ridge between Flag A & your deployment, if you're the right team, that can give you shots into A, B & C. Get ready to run for cover if you're spotted though, there are only a few trees.

Piers

Postby Piers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Panama Canal, you can jump up the destructible wooden pallets and get onto the roof at Flag B and command the area (watch out for being sniped or blasted by tanks, so keep below the peak of the roof).
Many people know about this now, and tank drivers routinely destroy the pallets so people can't get up there.

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Arica rush, first two MCOMs - as a sniper, you can take shelter behind those concrete blocks approaching the defenders and take out heaps of them with your rifle & mortar. You're hard to spot against the backdrop, and most people don't look down low for snipers, they look to the hillsides instead. You can also snipe anyone who tries to flank your teammates at the tope of the hill on the left.

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Isla Innocentes - defender: First 2 MCOMs, go up the lefthand side of the enemy
- you can go up the road (left-most), jump over the guard rail and sit in the crevice of the hillock to take them out, this also gives you a good view of the MCOMs.
- you can leap up onto the small cliffside (use the wrecked car behind your start point, or there's a slightly harder jump a bit closer) from there, you can hug the rocks for good camouflage, hide in a convenient treetop or roam the hill, taking out the enemy; they rarely look up there and you have a good view of the MCOMs (you can't see B from the treetops or rocks, but there are a few good positions)
- you can also sit on the bump at left back of your starting island (do this as assault) - this gives you a clear view up the road over the hill and is a good spot for surprising people coming round on boats or bailing out of helis.

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Isla Innocentes - defender: Last 2 MCOMs.
Break through the fence at the back of your base and scale the cliffs. Probably best as sniper, you get clear shots of them coming over the hill and, if you go along the range to the right, you can easily wipe out anyone hiding behind the escarpment where they think they're safe.

(Of course, the best thing to do at this stage is get in the Hind as gunner and wipe out anything that moves, but you need a good pilot).

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”