New maps coming

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

New maps coming

Postby Mort » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm

4 new maps coming soon... unfortunately Wake Island doesn't seem to be one of them, sorry Jeff.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... any-2.aspx

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: New maps coming

Postby KRaM » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

and no Karkand! Oh wait thats the other Dice moneyspinner:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/115773/battl ... aq-trailer

Pay $10 or no PKM automatic sniper rifel for you!

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Plenty of new maps for Bad company with the map pack and Vietnam. Lots life left in Bad Company 2
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 pm

2.5GB update coming down through Steam right now... http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... -2-pc.aspx

Update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- PC and Xbox 360
BY: zh1nt0 POSTED: Nov 24, 2010, 08:31AM COMMENTS: 30 (Login Required to Comment)

For PC users:
Hey, BAttlefield fans! As the title says, there is an update coming for the PC platform, and it contains multiple changes to the game.

This update is in preparation for Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam which is why the update will be approximately 2,6 GB in size. some of the fixes for the Xbox 360 were already rolled out in the previous PC patch. To see a full description, click here.

PC players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 08:00 2010-11-30 and GMT 08:01 2010-12-01).

Also make sure you run PBsetup.exe after updating to the latest version of the game.

http://www.evenbalance.com

How to get the game client updated
* If you are using Steam: the Steam client will automatically begin updating your game client once November 30th, 6:00 AM (GMT) has passed by.
* If you are non-Steam user : then the game’s online updater will find the version online at the same hour and ask you to patch.
* If you are not using Steam: You can get a manual patch from several places...

- The main EA CDN: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... _Patch.exe
- Here's a mirror in Australia: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/55988
- And here's a mirror in Croatia: (requires you to create an account first) http://www.diabolic-servers.com/board/d ... ile&id=135

Here is a complete list of all the fixes for PC in this update:

- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
- Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
- Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
- Added the server info to the objectives screen.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 pm

I was just about to post this as well. Nice timing from EA... get it now before end of month so it doesn't count towards next months quota!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:58 pm

If new maps came in that download yesterday no one was playing them, I didn't see anything new
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 pm

They were only downloaded in the update but not available right away. I have just seen a tweet saying they should now be available, but we'll have to wait for hosts to pit them on the servers

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

I played last night and there was no new maps but I believe they are out now. The two things I noticed were:

everyone getting kicked by punkbuster - apparently you have to manually update pb after downloading the patch (???)
a little tab taking you to the BF vietnam screen
the browser only being able to find a couple of servers - had the same issue with CODBLOPs as well so dont know if that was just me

Havent played tonight - Rake is on ABC.

Keith

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 pm

There's also a new "Auto Logon" button which speeds up the tedious click click click login process.

There are heaps of (actually *ALL*) servers running with the new maps now

I decided to try out the joystick again to see if it had been fixed. It's actually very stable and easy to fly* now

* There is the small problem that it refuses to set my yaw control properly and has it reversed no matter what I do, it won't recognise the throttle control, and the fire buttons don't seem to work at all. But at least it will make it easy to fly in and land properly for kamikaze missions without having to just crash the bloody thing.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 pm

New maps are kinda fun, but they are either really massive and open, or super choke. Unless you have a whole team that works together it makes the attacking maps damn near impossible.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:28 am

Yes, I only played Oasis and I don't recall them even laying a charge. I spent most of my time well forward of the MCOMs

Piers

Postby Piers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:34 am

Yah, I like Cold War for the house-to-house fighting, it gets pretty brutal. Oasis is really narrow at first, it gets better after the first two MCOMs.
Harvest is a bit too open - the map is so wide as well as long you get snipers camping on all the farflung hills, even though most of the fighting takes place between A & B.
I like Heavy Metal (is that the one with the winding road?)

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 pm

I think harvest is based on the one from bf2 armored fury. It even has the lightning and everything. It really seems to be a vehicle/armour style map, so good opportunity to build up engineering time.

Brad

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 am

Cold war seems very unbalanced. I've been regularly racking up 5:1 or better now I know where the choke points are.

I don't mind oasis - seems reasonably balanced. Still getting used to the larger maps - to be successful you really need to get multiple tanks working together. That seems to be vary rare...

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”