BFBC2 Vietnam

Reviving the EA/DICE/PunkBuster patch updating experience!
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

BFBC2 Vietnam

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Might as well start the "official" thread.

BFBC2VN is now available for pre-order on STEAM. Get it now and you can start playing three days early.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Re: BFBC2 Vietnam

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 am

Already ordered
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 am

ditto!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Me three!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 am

Sorry Vietnam has been replaced on my top games for Xmas list:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/12 ... available/

NSFW.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Is T aware of the sort of smut you use your computer for? Not sure it's a replacement for Vietnam though, maybe if there was a flamethrower

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 pm

She washes it down with bleach regularly crying hot tears of shame muttering "it should burn burn burn burn".

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:28 pm

I can't help but notice that today is Dec 18, yet VN is still locked out. Why don't the bloody Merkins specify the time zone if things aren't going to happen in local time.

Just checked STEAM, is this misleading advertising?
bfvn_unlock.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:12 pm

It's up and running!!!!

If you bought it on Steam, you have to get the key from in Steam (click the entry for BFBC2 in your games list and it will have "CD Key" on the right), then in-game go to "Multiplayer - Redeem Code" and type it in.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 am

i bought it the other day, it was in my games list but could not be installed for some reason, and now has disappeared!
grrrr. have contacetd Steam support. grrrr

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 am

Picked it up from the EA store yesterday and had a few games last night with Piers and Scott. Solid expansion set with some good maps and atmosphere.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 am

DJDrDamage wrote:i bought it the other day, it was in my games list but could not be installed for some reason, and now has disappeared!
grrrr. have contacetd Steam support. grrrr

Did you buy your original BFBC2 through Steam? If not then that is probably why coz apparently it removes it from your list if you don't have the "BFBC2 Game Base required" installed for it to work.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1650058
Steam Forums wrote:You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.
[Initially, it was possible to make this specific purchase - but Steam changed that fairly quickly.]
If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase, please contact Steam support to resolve this.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and someone has gifted you Vietnam on Steam - well... Long story. The gifting will succeed. Steam will know that you have Vietnam, but you will not see it in the Steam client because you do not have the base game. Therefore you will not be able to view the 16-digit code for Vietnam. Contact Steam support to resolve this.

We have been in contact with Steam, and their support department is aware of the above.

The "Vietnam" menu in BC2 will say 'go buy the expansion' until Dec 18th. (It will still say so after you have bought the expansion.) After the 18th, the dialog will change to one where you are asked to enter your code.

KRaM wrote:Picked it up from the EA store yesterday and had a few games last night with Piers and Scott. Solid expansion set with some good maps and atmosphere.

Waiting for Yahtzees review "The same dust filled game, now in *orange* sepia"

I'm finding it runs really well. Much smoother than normal BC2 for me at least. Not sure if the maps or models are less complicated, but they certainly don't look lower quality.

My only complaints so far is the lack or any ground based AA and the fricken gun boats. Way overpowered with that double barreled deck gun. I decided to have a go in one sitting as far out near the no-go zone as I could and just pounded anyone that showed in the sights.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 am

I also found this. Don't know if it might help
open your steam folder:
default folder is: C:\Program Files\Steam

in there, open the userdata folder
open your user folder (some random number)
inside the number folder, open config folder
in that folder open localconfig.vdf (I suggest to use Wordpad, the line ends won't work in Notepad)
search for 47880 (the Vietnam app id) and the second search result should be the cdkeys section (you could also search for "cdkeys")
The CD key (and all your other game's CD keys) will be shown next to the app id

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

thanks, mort.
i bought the retail BC2 and vietnam via Steam just two/three days ago. how annoying. reading to the end of the thread now.

will try the tip below when i get home but seems a mixed bag.

well, i contacted Steam Support the other night but no response yet. hopefulyl i get a refund not a steam credit...

Mort wrote:I also found this. Don't know if it might help
open your steam folder:
default folder is: C:\Program Files\Steam

in there, open the userdata folder
open your user folder (some random number)
inside the number folder, open config folder
in that folder open localconfig.vdf (I suggest to use Wordpad, the line ends won't work in Notepad)
search for 47880 (the Vietnam app id) and the second search result should be the cdkeys section (you could also search for "cdkeys")
The CD key (and all your other game's CD keys) will be shown next to the app id

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I cannot even get steam to run at the moment. I have reinstalled it but its hanging in the update phase. Normally its pretty good just seems to have lost the plot in the last few days. So no Vietnam for me yet.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Return to “BF:Bad Company 2”