Not interested
No votes

Total votes: 5

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

BF3 Premium

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Damn it.... Keith mentioned the new Premium pack they are selling at the moment ($50).
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium

I didn't really think I'd bother, but I'm not so sure I have the willpower. It covers all the expansion packs until net March! Way to get serious lock-in... but seeing how much I've played lately, is it worth it?

Anyone else got/getting it?

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: BF3 Premium

Postby KRaM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm

I will - already plugged in god knows how many hours into this game so its not like I can argue value for money.

Keith

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 am

I initially thought, "Bollocks to that" but caved fairly quickly when I saw it covered the next 4 expansions - only$10 cheaper than buying them separately but what the hey, it comes with pointless bling and a 10-day jump start on each expansion. Close Quarters should be different although I fear it may be too much like Metro (don't know why I said that, Metro is fun so long as you're not the Russians holed up in the bank - drop ammo/health/motion sensor and you're set - sensor is best, coupled with an SMG or shotty).

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I thinks the early access is out now so will give it a go tonight.

Grenade spam here I come!

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Bugger - have to download it - oh well another night of the truely excellent Assassin Creeds 2 - its like they took the first game and removed all the repetitive boring bits..........

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Damn you all.... Just bought it. Now I'm going to have to insist on finding the time to play it...

update: Bugger - have to download it - oh well another night doing the washing while the sig. other is out partying with the other sig. others.

Brad

Postby Brad » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:06 am

Those close quarters maps are insane - there are a couple of servers around with 900 ticket games. I got 5 ranks in the one night...

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 pm

It is a double XP weekend for Premium players, so that might have helped with the ranking...

After I installed the premium stuff I was also prompted to install an updated version of the Battlelog browser plugin. Ever since then the Battlelog page never finished loading whatever "scripts" it is trying to run and so I can't join any games.

Brad, are you still running on Win8, and did you have any issues at all?

Brad

Postby Brad » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 pm

yes, running windows 8, but I'm using chrome as a browser. Seems to work ok here.
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

Needed to re run PB but eventually got it up and running on the new SSD, mind you there goes 20G of my precious 128G disk size.

Anyway only played the villa map so far - very frantic with the shot gun being effective along with the odd sneaky claymore. Will give the other maps a go this week.

Keith

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello hello hello
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 pm

It worked, my god, for some reason I have not been able to post with any browser for ages. I try most weeks but have not had time to find out why.

I'm working full-time from home for ramcity.com.au now guys if you need ram.

We do SSD's to but really just sorting our supply and prices out at the moment.

I hope you are all well.

Life has been pretty hectic with both of us working full time. I haven't upgraded my video card yet to play BF3. I do miss it though.

By browsers used to just spin after I had submitted a post. I use Rockmelt, but it was the same for Chrome and even IE.

I have been reading though.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

KRaM wrote:Anyway only played the villa map so far - very frantic with the shot gun being effective along with the odd sneaky claymore. Will give the other maps a go this week.

The game we played last night I got into a cycle running in circles around that Flag A, with the stairs underneath. There was at least one squad repeatedly attacking from that direction, and I kept running into the middle of them and killing all 3 of them before they knew I was there. I got about 30 kills in 5 minutes before they changed their tactics...

With the double XP on that 900 ticket server, I had a couple of 70k point games.

B

Brad

Postby Brad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Jeff wrote:It worked, my god, for some reason I have not been able to post with any browser for ages. I try most weeks but have not had time to find out why.

I'm working full-time from home for ramcity.com.au now guys if you need ram.

We do SSD's to but really just sorting our supply and prices out at the moment.

I hope you are all well.

Life has been pretty hectic with both of us working full time. I haven't upgraded my video card yet to play BF3. I do miss it though.

By browsers used to just spin after I had submitted a post. I use Rockmelt, but it was the same for Chrome and even IE.

I have been reading though.

Welcome back.
I still get the forum bouncing to the edit window after I submit a comment but it still actually makes the post. Any idea what was causing the issues?

And if we want ram do we talk to you direct or just order online :)

B

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Talk to me for RAM.

It mentions a redirect and does a really fast refresh spin , you the circle.

Goes nowhere.

Working today though.

Return to “Battlefield 3”