20%
Not interested
No votes

Total votes: 5

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: BF3 Premium

Postby KRaM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:18 pm

The game we played last night I got into a cycle running in circles around that Flag A, with the stairs underneath. There was at least one squad repeatedly attacking from that direction, and I kept running into the middle of them and killing all 3 of them before they knew I was there. I got about 30 kills in 5 minutes before they changed their tactics...

I did notice that we were neck and neck with kills and then all of a sudden you had like 70+........... I was starting to get a headache after two games on that server, very Quake run and gun. Well designed map though so there are ways around the numerous check points. Looking forward to checking out the other maps tonight.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

The stuck loading and the going to edit after a post are both due to the same bug. Its the auto-refresh code not redirecting properly.

If you click the "go to my post" after posting rather waiting for it to auto redirect you avoid that. Same sort if deal for things like logging in. I'll check again to see if there's a fix yet, but its been happening for a long time now.

Back on topic... I had to manually update PB as well. Played a couple of games on the villa map of the mode where you start with a pistol and work up through the guns... Very cool.

Jeff
Wielder of the holy hand grenade

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 am

So much for the emotional home coming, thanks Scott :)
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Postby Piers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 am

Brad wrote:With the double XP on that 900 ticket server, I had a couple of 70k point games.
B

The double XP weekends have been great, I've racked up a ton of points as well. Only 2 rank ups though, it's a lot of points between ranks for me now...

Brad on Saturday: 342,000 points in 4:14, over 14 rounds. SPM 1342.3
http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/dQx_/history#spm,kdr,wlr

See us all:
http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/0oDwyZZF51h62UN1KW

Brad's scored 500,000 points in the last week, so that's what, 8 ranks?
All the way from Warrant Officer One to Major and only another 20k until Lt. Colonel. Watch out, Brad, after Colonel it's 230k between ranks!
http://au.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Ranks

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Woohoo, I've got the skillz!!

Piers

Postby Piers » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 pm

It's back - Double XP Event

2012-07-02 - 2012-07-08

It's time for our second Premium exclusive Double XP event! Rank up faster during this event by getting double everything as long as you are a Premium member playing on ranked servers.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Yup, one game tonight and I jumped two ranks, stacks of unlocks. And had an awesome time with the DAO-12 in close quarters

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 pm

10 promotions in one week. Not bad considering how much I used to fear using shotguns. My biggest problem lately is running out of ammo and having to finish of kills with my pistol!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 am

I found last night the random spawn feature is a good way to come up behind enemy lines for the knife kill - you have to lurk a lot but that one time in 10 you get behind a squad and decimate them from behind (snigger) is very satisfying.

Keith

Brad

Postby Brad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

There does seem to be a fair bit of spawn rape in the new maps. The factory map in particular is pretty bad - had a couple of games where people are just camping with shotguns in a couple of places. The other maps don't seem to be quite as bad.

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes the factory is a very buy environment so its easy for people to sit and blend into a corner. I have got into the habit of dropping recon beacons in all of the Close Quarter maps which helps out here a little bit - not to mention a slow but steady stream of points.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I've wondered if the random spawn points work on a "team rotation" basis. It seems to me that you spend a portion of time spawning in one area, and then you switch to a different area on the other side of the map. If so that would work well to prevent choke points where people were constantly coming from the same "side" of the map. This way there will always be a chance of someone coming at you from either side of the map.

The reason I've wondered this is I've found myself spawning in a new area in time to see some enemy running away (probably just spawned also) who I can then shoot, but no more respawn. The same has happened to me when I spawn and a second later an enemy spawns right behind me. Waiting around in the same area may not be very effective though as you could be waiting for the next "rotation"... all just a theory though.

I've been following a few very high ranked players around and found some very interesting pathways around some of the maps. I'm also getting better at not running in a straight line. Try to keep moving through a map diagonally and you will survive a lot longer. My other trick is if you get shot as you run towards a doorway, then when you get inside, turn around and wait a moment and chances are the person who shot at you will follow you through expecting an easy kill as you keep running. It's an easy ambush technique.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Has anyone done the "Stats reset" that you can do with Premium?

I just had a look and it appears to only reset certain stats so you can still work out your "true" stats. I'm guessing it sets a timestamp that it uses and only takes the change in value since that time into account.
bf3-statreset.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm

On an hourly basis and my numbers still suck!

Keith

Return to “Battlefield 3”