Gun Master

As if you need any more evidence of our tragic Battlefield addiction
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Gun Master

Postby Mort » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am

I'm really really liking gun master. Now that I've learned the maps it gives you more time to focus in strategy.

Yesterday I had my best game yet, my first time to the knife level, and I made it there first as well. Unfortunately the best I managed was one slash on someone front on that wasn't enough to kill them. There was a clan squad on the other side that was getting really losses that I might beat them, and in the end they all grouped up on me and took me out of action until one of their guys caught up managed to knife me other noob on my team (poor guy was getting K/D like 3/30 game after game)

Anyway, it might be a while before I manage it again, but at least I know its possible.

And damn it can take ages before you get a kill with the grenade launcher!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: Gun Master

Postby KRaM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:15 pm

I have played it a few times now and it has been fun - bit disconcerting when you switch guns mid firefight and you want to make sure that you dont fall too far behind at the start or it becomes increasingly difficult to catch up.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:12 pm

The way it switches between close and long range weapons actually helps if you need to catch up. People that get to the shotguns can be taken out more easily by people with better ranged weapons. After the shotguns are some kick-ass guns again followed by the sniper rifles which are a bit hit/miss at close-mid range.

The fricken grenade launcher though is hard to get kills when playing on a 16 player server, and then trying to get knife kills when everyone has still has shotguns or good rifles is bloody tough.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm

holy crap... I just won a Gun Master round on a full 32 player server. I would have easily been way behind by the time other people were up near level 14, but then I just had an awesome run of kills with the sniper rifles and a relatively quick knife kill. I'm buzzing and shaking so much I can hardly type this....

update: took a while for the shakes to stop, but I even managed another win tonight. It seems you can catch up if the people ahead of you get stuck on the sniper rifles and grenade launcher. If you manage to find a group of them and take them all out in one go then it's amazing how quickly you can get ahead again.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:41 pm

My Gun Master tips:
(these could probably apply to most game modes anyway)
  • Don't stand still any longer than needed. Keep moving, keep scanning
  • Follow someone else and let them go through doors first. They cop the hits if someone is waiting there, and you can mop up the injured enemy that is busily reloading
  • Don't hang around at corners. Move partly down one path or the other so you don't have people able to easily shoot at you from two directions. Move back and forth if you want to scan both pathways, but don't stay exposed to both at the same time
  • Learn which areas are better suited for each weapon. Don't hang around an area with long lines of sight when you have a shot-gun, don't hang around small rooms when you have a sniper rifle
  • Pay attention to health and find a spot to hide (like toilet cubicles) to let your health regenerate
  • Check how much ammo each weapon holds and how many rounds you typically use for each kill. Don't reload after every kill unless you it's a small magazine weapon. I *always* screw up on this point and find myself getting shot because I reload after a kill when I don't need to
Will add more if I think of them...

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 pm

There's been a change in the new update that allows the server owner to select different gun progressions from a set of 5 lists
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 828785695/

It really messed me up for a few games as I am so used to adjusting my play style for each gun (e.g. close/medium/long) but suddenly I ended up with a different gun to what I was expecting.

Return to “Battlefield 3”