Origin high CPU and memory load when offline

As if you need any more evidence of our tragic Battlefield addiction
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Origin high CPU and memory load when offline

Postby Mort » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 am

When I wake my PC from sleep mode, the Origin client sometimes has problems recognising the internet connection is back and seems to get stuck in offline mode. Clicking the "Go Online" link doesn't make it go back online. Only option is to close and reopen it and all is well.
This in itself isn't a big problem, but what *is* a problem is that after a while I will notice that my CPU usage starts to climb, temps start to climb, and memory starts to disappear. A check in task manager shows the origin client gradually using more and more cpu and RAM to the point my machine is screaming it's head off and lagging like crazy. Now *that* is a problem. Again, close and re-open Origin will get it back into online mode and all is well.

This has been bugging me since I re-installed Win8 on my machine. At first I thought it something in my setup, but a I did a search and found several reports of the same thing.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9103285.page

That reply from EA says it is known and will be fixed in 9.0.1, but my origin version is 9.0.15 so it looks like not.

In the meantime, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else noticed the same thing.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: Origin high CPU and memory load when offline

Postby Piers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah, I get that in Win7 too. I normally kill Origin and restart it but Origin has been better recently, the go online seems to work more often now.

Return to “Battlefield 3”