Aftermath

As if you need any more evidence of our tragic Battlefield addiction
KRaM
Clan Poet

Aftermath

Postby KRaM » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Origin downloaded it for me last night but for some reason I couldnt play on any servers - maybe a timing issue of release date for Australia or the usual DLC release issues.

Anyway will give it another go tonight inbetween A Moody Christmas and Problems. BTW is it just me or has the Red Dwarf franchise sunk to an even newer low with the latest series? I read it was a return to form which it most definitely is not!

Keith

KRaM
Clan Poet

Re: Aftermath

Postby KRaM » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Good old EA - an hour of downloading last night, another hour tonight!

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Its not bad - city based infantry maps - scavenger mode is fun - more of the same really but whose complaining?

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 am

Just started it downloading this morning. It's telling me it needs to get a 3.8GB update for BF3 *AND* a 3.9GB download for Aftermath... I know there are a lot of graphics textures and details etc, but wow, these games are not likely to be getting smaller in the future is my guess.

(Damn, just got back from the last day working at my NBN connected client. If I'd realised I could have downloaded it while I was down there!)

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 am

KRaM wrote:
Anyway will give it another go tonight inbetween A Moody Christmas and Problems. BTW is it just me or has the Red Dwarf franchise sunk to an even newer low with the latest series? I read it was a return to form which it most definitely is not!

Keith

where "return to form" means return to similar humour as pre-series 8, then yes, I think so, although without the punchiness of the earlier series wheer both writers were involved.
Series 1-6 > series 7 > Series 8 > Series 10 > Series 9

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am

Scavenger mode is tough if you can't find a weapon fast enough. I've found it's usually more effective to just go the knife until you get something decent

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:09 pm

The key is to stick with a group - a weapon eventually pops up - problem I have is that you have to keep on readjusting your thinking to reflect the latest gun you have picked up, especially when it goes from auto fire to single shot.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:38 pm

and when you run out of ammo, and during the critical second it takes to "equip" the new gun, and Getting to it before someone else.

My first few games were shocking, which is not really surprising for unfamiliar maps I suppose. After a few game the "sticking with a group" thing I worked out also and that makes a huge difference.

There are ammo resupply dumps, so if you find them remember where they are cause they stay in the same place. Its the bloody camping snipers you have to watch for. Get up high to hunt and knife them fairly easily

Return to “Battlefield 3”