Game and a half

Because we never learn...
Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Game and a half

Postby Mort » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:52 pm

I've found I can get through a game and a half before everything grinds to a halt or crashes to desktop. Last night I noticed that my memory usage was slowly increasing over time to the 100% mark before things fell over. When it happens it needs a full system restart to clear. Shutting down BF4 aint enough.

A quick search has found many others reporting a memory leak issue as well. It seemed to be related to AMD cards, but other people with Nvidia are reporting it as well. "Solutions" have ranged from updating video drivers, network drivers, USB drivers, Installing Windows 7, running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode, or running the 32bit instead of 64bit version.

I tried the win7 compat mode but still no luck. I did just update my video, network, sound drivers, but haven't tried playing yet so will see if it fixes anything tonight. Next step will be the 32bit version followed by ranting on the EA forums and waiting for a patch.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Game and a half

Postby Mort » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 pm

So far so good. A couple of hours of play and not a single issue. Might be the driver updates, might have been the new patch, I dunno. Plenty of people seem to be having new problems with the new patch, but it seems to have fixed all my crash issues so far.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Getting through more games, but still had the sound-loop crash and memory-leak bug that effectively forces a full PC reboot. Hopefully they sort it out before the lawsuit shuts them down completely.

DJDrDamage
Clan Pincushion

Postby DJDrDamage » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 am

Updated video drivers before paying and I had the jaggies after 5 minutes in my first game.
although another reboot I no problems at all...except for my slow reflexes but unlike my computer I cannot upgrade my body in any meaningful way...

Return to “Battlefield 4”