BF4 Apps

Because we never learn...
KRaM
Clan Poet

BF4 Apps

Postby KRaM » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Have tried out the two BF4 apps. First is "Commander" and true to its word it lets you play as commander on the iPad. I racked up a lazy 14,000 points whilst watching TV earlier this evening along with some easy kills. The second is "Battlelog" and it gives you access to the site for your stats loadouts etc. You can also use it as a minmap whilst you play. Again it works well - had it running the mini map during this evenings session - didnt look at it much though.

Keith

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: BF4 Apps

Postby Piers » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:07 pm

The majorproblem with the commander app is there is NO WAY to use the J/K/L keys to send messages - you'd think they would have included a team message button. #epicfail
Last night I weirdliy couldn't see any of the objectives but maybe it was because it was an obliteration map.

On the up side, it's been reported that if you activate a point boost on the PC, it will be applied to your commander scores but NOT TAKE ANY TIME OFF your boost's time remaining. (unconfirmed, but I should be able to check tonight).

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 pm

So when I see commanders sending messages they must be on PC?

I still haven't played a game with a commander that really seemed to make a difference. I can think of two games where a commander gave me orders, usually to flags on the other side of the map (useless, but maybe coz I'm the only squad not just camping) and mostly they just seem to spend time dropping supplies in random locations and trying to score their own kills with cruise missiles.

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Commander app confirmed as broken by the 30 January patch.

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm

And fixed as of Feb 13.

Return to “Battlefield 4”