Teamspeak upgrade

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Teamspeak upgrade

Postby Mort » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 am

I'm thinking of upgrading Teamspeak to Version3. I'm not expecting any, but does anyone have any objections?

You will need to install the new TS3 client as it isn't backward compatible with the older client. Advantages are much improved sound quality and a stack of extra features.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Teamspeak upgrade

Postby Mort » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:36 pm

New server is up and running. We can use this topic for the moment to discuss any issues or questions.

Phonetic Nicknames:
My first point of interest. You can set phonetic names so when people connect and leave it will say their actual name rather than the old "user connected". This way if you don't have another screen to see connected users you will know who just joined or left.

To configure it, just enter a phonetic nickname when setting up your account, and then under Settings-Options-Notifications change the soundpack option at the top to "Default text-to-speech".

Not sure yet if it will get too annoying or not, but there are plenty of options to customise just how you like it.

Plugin for G-15 keyboards:
The new TS3 client comes default with a plugin to display info on G15 keyboards.

Just go to Settings-Plugins and enable the G15 keyboard plugin. I don't have one so I don't know anything more than that.

Return to “Web site Issues/suggestions/stuff”