Redirect issues

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Redirect issues

Postby Mort » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 am

I'm going to try building a new Forum from scratch over the next few days to see if I can figure out what is causing the stupid bug with the redirect taking you back to the previous page (e.g. back to the edit screen of a post you just submitted instead of the post itself). At least I know we aren't the only ones with this issue, but I haven't found any obvious solutions to it yet either.

Brad
Comfortable with my sexuality
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: Redirect issues

Postby Brad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:38 am

It's fixed finally. What did you do?

B
I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Redirect issues

Postby Mort » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:59 am

Finally? It's been fixed since April and you've only just noticed. :(
(although yes, it did seem to take a few years before I finally got around to fixing it)

In the end I move the forums to a completely fresh server install and it went away. I suspect there was a config setting somewhere screwing it up, but no matter how many times I tried installing over the top with new files and doing comparisons to see what was different, it just never went away. Finally I just did a new build from scratch of server, php, phpBB and restored the database and it seems to be fine now.

I had started comparing the working and not working forums to see why, but the support people at phpBB didn't seem to care about the cause so I just left it as "re-install to fix".

Return to “Web site Issues/suggestions/stuff”