Rogue One

This is a section to chat about anything that isn't relevant to any of the other forum areas. Discussions on PC watercooling should go in the Hardware forum :)
KRaM
Clan Poet

Rogue One

Postby KRaM » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Caught it this afternoon and am firmly in the "best movie in the series after Empire" camp. The one shot story arc allows them to do some more interesting things with the characters - a lot of the critics are saying it lags in the first half but I didnt think that at all - enjoyed it much more than The Force Awakens.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Re: Rogue One

Postby Mort » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Got it booked to see tomorrow, so your movie critic reputation is on the line.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 pm

It was really good and I look forward to seeing Rogue Two

There was that one line (pun) in the movie that just really didn't work. Maybe it was the delivery wasn't quite right or because they made it so obvious, but urgh..

As for the CGI characters, we do seem to be coming up out of the uncanny valley, but it still made my eye twitch watching them.

KRaM
Clan Poet

Postby KRaM » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Heard that the sequel is out already - not as good as the first one - effects way worse and droids/aliens are offensively treated as effectively being "subhumans" - <spoiler alert> after they destroy the death star apparently a Wookie co pilot instrumental to the plot doesn't even get a medal unlike the white male heroes - I am boycotting on general principle.

The CGI characters seem to be causing a bit of controversy - typical storm in a tea cup - agree with you, they sort of workish.

Keith

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 pm

yeah, we all know how well your boycotts work. I'm guessing it will be a raging success because of it and will probably go on to make a bunch of follow up movies with stacks of merchandising just to show they don't care about your boycott.

Return to “The Watercooler”